zambon
Verde
Verde

Adjustable watts linage arms

Post by zambon »

I am going to do adjustable watts linkage arms with hiem joints. What length of bar is the best? I immagine I want the arms to be shorter than stock, but how much?
i know that this depends on setup. I am just looking for a good all round type length for the bar (maybe similar to the commercially available kits.
thanks
James
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

Ron Simons sell these setups. RS racing.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

alfaheaven has one set available for the milano on their website, alfaheaven.com.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Commercially available kits are not in play for me right now. I am in Mexico, importing things through the mail is sketchy. (Shipping and customs would cost just as much as the parts).
I can get the hiems and the tapped rods to put them together myself. They are available here. I just want to know how long the rods on those other kits are (before the rod ends are mounted). That would give me a good starting point.
Thanks
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

I would say perhaps go with the stock length, then adjust from there ? measure it on your car - if you can.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

If my car was close by i could tell you exactly where mine are set. if memory serves me correctly the gtv6 has a longer side and a shorter side something like 27.5 vs 26.something. I set them as close as i could to stock, and then when i went for an alignment the guys set them exactly as needed to center the dedion under the car. I hardly toyed with the different lengths. when i put them on the car i set them at the absolute minimun length and the rear end would slide loose like a go kart.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Thanks for the responses.
I didnt know that the GTV6 has a different arrangement than the 75 (Milano). I have a 75 and my arms are equal length. I also have lowering springs in the rear (worst idea ever in the land of speed bumps).

Since my car is lowered, I will use a length shorter than stock. I plan to change my rear springs over to circle track ones with adjustable seats in the future. I guess I will try to have the bars match my current ride height near their shortest setting. That should be a few cm shorter than stock length.

I will report more once I get something done here.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

i will definately respond with lengths by the evening of the 21st... that is the day of my last final and i am going to take the alfa for a spin in celebration of surviving another 15 weeks of my economics major. Am I correct in recalling that the milano watts consists of two straight equal length bars? On the gtv6 there is the issue of the layout of the exhaust, the battery box and floor pan that necessitate the need for the kinked driver's side bar.
Vittorio
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

I think I remember reading that the centre pivot(on the De dion) should be vertical at static ride height. So I guess you could park your car on flat ground, take off the links, rotate the centre pivot so that it's vertical and then measure.