mmelton
Silver
Silver

Zender Wheels?

Post by mmelton »

I'm afraid it's useless to ask, but does anybody know where I can find a set of Zender's Milano or Siena wheels for my GTV6? I've had no luck finding an American distributor, and can't even get an e-mail through to the UK one listed on Zender's Web page.

I know the Milanos are long discontinued, and the Sienas might be, too, but if there are any out there anywhere, you all would probably know.

Thanks for any assistance.
Mel Melton
'85 GTV6 (Old Red)
'86 GTV6 (New Red)
'84, '88 Spiders
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

set of zenders here...http://gtvince.com/_wsn/page5.html..

good luck trying to contact the bloke though, his communication via email is sporadic
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

I'm not sure where in the world you are, but here's a link to an ad from the Victotrian AROCA forum. It's an old ad but they might still be there (if they're the ones you're after that is)
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component ... pic,771.0/

You can email to: enquiries (at) monzamotors.biz

(no affiliation)

Cheers, Scott
mmelton
Silver
Silver

Zender wheels

Post by mmelton »

Thanks, guys, for the advice. I've just e-mailed Vince in the UK. Can't get that monzamotors e-mail address working yet, but I'll try to place a call to the Aussie when I'm home this weekend.

These Zenders are reminiscent of the Chromadors (sp. sorry) on our Spiders, and are very much like Compomotive's Ferrari 308/328 replacements that had been my fourth choice (after Steve Chambers' stunningly expensive UK Alfa SZ replicas---God! They're beautiful, but $3600 a set of four at today's exchange rate--and Zender's "Milano" and "Siena" patterns, which appear to be just no longer available anywhere). The Compomotives are nearly $1900 here in the U.S., so either of these sets in the UK and Australia just might do it. They're right in line with the '80s Alfa look, so if I hadn't seen those SZ replicas and the "Milanos," I'd be saying they're perfect.

I just heard that my GTV6 is out of the paint shop, and the owner keeps telling my buddy Alfa Stan: "That's a PRETTY little car." So, time to move on some wheels. Thanks for putting me on to these.

Mel
Mel Melton
'85 GTV6 (Old Red)
'86 GTV6 (New Red)
'84, '88 Spiders
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

there is a Zender Milano set in ebay.de
Item-nr: 200172532815
mmelton
Silver
Silver

Zender wheels

Post by mmelton »

Enzo:

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout. I checked these out. Despite the road rash and discolorations (they're used, so what can I expect?) I'm really interested in these. Straightened and polished, they'd give those expensive RS replicas a run in the looks department.

I've been asking my eBay-using students about getting shipping to the USA, and trying to figure how to communicate auf Deutsch (my college German-reading skills are long gone). The biggest detriment to my placing a bid is the size. I've got to go back on this forum and see what people say about 17-inch wheels on a GTV6 ( it's a daily driver).

Anybody out there who's running 17s, I'd appreciate hearing your opinion as to whether they're a viable daily option.

Thanks, Enzo. Much appreciate it.

Mel
Mel Melton
'85 GTV6 (Old Red)
'86 GTV6 (New Red)
'84, '88 Spiders
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

If ebay.de doesn't work out, contact Jason at Alfissimo.com . I think he knows the supplier for both the Siena and Milano.
Dr. Alban
mmelton
Silver
Silver

Post by mmelton »

Thanks, Zamani:

I don't know how I missed out knowing about Alfissimo all these years. Looks like another great resource.

I've been waiting to respond to you until I heard from Jason. Hoped I'd have great news. Unfortunately, he said he knew of no Zender "Milanos" anywhere, but when he found a set, they were his. Sold his last set of Sienas, and production ceased 3 months ago. So I'm still on the hunt. Maybe that German set on ebay (although I'm not real confident in that), or maybe something else. Been fun getting so many people stirred up and working on this. I sure appreciate everybody's help.
Mel Melton
'85 GTV6 (Old Red)
'86 GTV6 (New Red)
'84, '88 Spiders