smashigcraft
Silver
Silver

ZENDER Sports for GTV6

Post by smashigcraft »

Hi
Does anyone think I'd be able to fit the following wheels to my GTV6? I think they were originally for a 75. Im concerned with the offset!

ZEN SPORT 16X8.0 5/98 ET17
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Re: ZENDER Sports for GTV6

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

No problem with fitting those ZEN SPORT 16X8.0 5/98 ET17

Positive Offset wheels have their mounting face toward the front face of the wheel. Most front wheel drive vehicles have positive ET wheels.Newer Alfa wheels are usually ET35.

Zero Offset wheels have their mounting face even with the centerline of the wheel and are by definition "ET 0".

Negative Offset wheels have their mounting face toward the rear of the wheel - powerful rear-wheel drive cars often have wheels with negative offset.

John.
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

[/quote]No problem with fitting those ZEN SPORT 16X8.0 5/98 ET17[quote]

Generally agree but will depend on the tyre profile size. I had problems fitting 225x45x16 on 7.5" rims with ET35 and had to trim off some of the inner section of the spoiler to accomodate the turning radius. Still have some inner guard trivial contact when doing full lock turns is a court or so.

One other point that is often overlooked is that low profile tyres do not have much resilience to abuse from bad roads. Yes they do make your car handle better but consideration needs to be given where the car spends most of its time. If you have great smooth roads in your area, go for it. If the roads are rough at times, the safer option is to forego some handling and use a tyre with a higher profile for safety and stop the sidewalls blowing out and/or damaging expensive rims.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
smashigcraft
Silver
Silver

Post by smashigcraft »

Hi John/MD

Thanks both for the info. I believe the offsets of the original stock gtv6 wheels are 40 and that people here generally suggested wheels with 35 offset if they are wanting 7-8 inch width. With et 17, the outer width is an extra 48mm (if my original offset info is correct) compared to 30mm width et 35 (refer link to calculator)

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

I can't see a problem with the rear but the front is a concern. I do intend to use 225 tyres and I guess I'm hoping someone out there may have fitted the same wheels with the same tyres so I can be %100 sure. Thanks again

Stuart