Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wheel spacers for GTV6?

Post by Michael »

Anyone know a source for a wheel spacer kit for our 5x98mm wheels?
I need to move the rear wheels out by maybe 10 to 20mm depending on what size tire I buy next.

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

here in switzerland we have them....

2 x 20mm 249 CHF
2 x 25mm 249 CHF

made in aluminium....
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

Do spacers include the hub centering feature on both sides ? Wouldn't that be necessary as these cars seem particularly sensitive to having a good tight fit over that centering flange type feature (for lack of a better description).

Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
MD
Verde
Verde

Wheels

Post by MD »

Yeah Merril, agree 100% about the need for centre locating spacers. I once fitted after market wheels that were only centred by the lock nuts. I had not end of trouble trying to balance the wheels. Not even an on car balance would do it.

Ultimately I had a machine shop make up some centering rings to match the wheels and problem dissappeard.

This makes sense as otherwise the wheels are just not properly located giving them a slight eliptical rotation hence a false out of balance result.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

they have double centre holes...like this one

Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Nice :!:
Where can I buy those?

Thanks,
Michael
1981 GTV6
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Is that for each??? I hope not. BTW, do they have ones which will convert 5 X 98mm to 5 X 100mm? Like ones from H&R.
PaulyCC
Silver
Silver

Post by PaulyCC »

I called a few machine shops around here in LA, CA, USA... to see what they could do for me a little while ago. they were all about the same. $200-250 for 4, billet, just spacers. but I wanted the P.Webb style spacer with a new bolt pattern.. Like Zamani mentions..

lowest price I got was from the same guy who made his. 300$ for 4, which isnt bad, but i see they make them for american muscle for a lot cheaper probably cuz theyre more in demand...

Hey Zamani have you ever priced the bolt conversion and spacer from H&R?
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

they are aviable at www.spurverbreiterungen.ch or www.autex.ch or in germany www.amb-tuning.de
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Missed out on a set of 4 by H&R from ebay for AUD$150 . Bummer!!! Anyone know where in Oz I can get some?
Charlie DiMarco
Silver
Silver

Post by Charlie DiMarco »

Michael,

I can set you up!
Made to order Hub and Wheel Spacer/Adapters info needed.

5x98mm Vehicle to 5x98mm wheel or_____ if adapting to non alfa wheel.
58.5mm Hub to_____ wheel centerbore
__________Thickness needed

Charlie
www.serpentautosport.com
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

I had a set made up like the ones Enzo has posted - convert 5 x 98 with 58.5 spigot to 5 x 114.3 (4.5") with 68 spigot - a common Japanese & Aus car size. I have 14mm space out on front and 20mm on rear. This allowed me to buy extremely light weight 16 x 8 wheels cheeply but I seem to recall a few people bagging me on the old forum when I posted pics of the spacers/adapters.
They have been on for a number of hard playing years and no problems.
I had a local machine sho turn them up out of 6061 T6 Aluminium, material cost me about AUD150 + machining + studs.
I'll re-post pics if anyone is interested.

D
PaulyCC
Silver
Silver

Post by PaulyCC »

If you don't mind.. Thats a very good price and more along the lines of what Id like to spend.. How many years ago was this that you had them made up?

Dont worry people were bagging on somebody else about doing this conversion as well, i seriously have no idea why anyone would be against this, when dropping 1200$ on wheels I kinda want to know the wheels will retain at least some of their value a couple years from now, will probably still be a supply of them if you have to replace the wheel, etc.. makes sense.

5x98/58.6 to 5x100/58.1 (suburu's size..lots of nice wheels) would be a good one. But made to order for offsets etc.

Is gtv6's centerbore 58.5.. or 58.6???! the confusion continues :P