GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

X-rad i doubt those mirrors will suit mate. :?

By all means try what you like. But damn it lad
this is a gtv6! :lol:

I agree with bteoh, your going backwards dog.

By the way that Alfetta is immaculate :D

This is constructive critisism, if we didnt care, we would stay silent...Zzzz

"Mixing mid 70's and mid 80's"...sounds like a radio station format :roll:

I must say, i'm not very fond of the stock mirrors, i will be changing mine sometime soon...so dont blame you there X.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Thanks Garth,

needs body work in all the hidden areas.....

As for the mirrors, the reflecting surface is almost the same size....just the scew holes don't quite match up...
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

bteoh !!
What the hell ? :shock:
Is that your car the brown old one in the picture ?! wow! looks super! :P
Tell me mmore of her, was she restored or just kept like New some how ?
looks very clean on pictures anyway...
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

BTEOH: I guess if there was an alfetta as nice as yours for sale with a 3.0L for 2,000$ two yrs ago, i would have bought it....

but....I was outbid on ebay for an Alfetta and so i had to get this one

by the way, my first car was an Alfetta so I have always had a passion for them....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

I loved the 2 Alfettas i once had, they felt like an extension of me, i know it sounds weird, but damn i have never been so sideways in the alfetta i had, you could be on a point of no return, and she would still snap straight with a twist of the wrist. 3rd gear powerslides in the wet, was just amazing, when i was living in Brisbane, i went crazy in it. If anyone knows Petrie Tce in Brisbane, i had her sideways over the whole 4 lanes, and the other way almost up the hill :twisted:

I miss that car, its balance was amazing, where with my gtv6, i cant keep it thru a slide nowhere near as long, its too twitchy from having fuel tank behind the rear seats lol.....but that will be changing :wink:
40-50 litre fuel cell with surge tank, sitting just behind rear wheels in the hatch 8)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Guys,

Unfortunately not my alfetta - just one that was advertised for sale here in Oz (Put it in for illustration purposes only). Was thinking about getting one but very difficult to get one in immaculate condition as they suffered from the dreaded rust - a lot worse than the GTV6's. Also being a 4 cyl, not as much fun as a six :-)
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

x-rad,
Man, the v6 of yours is really coming together! I have to say I really like what you are doing with it - no bull - the back side vents are great and the Alfa Romeo Script on the rear 8) I like what you're doing as it is plausible ... not just a v6 or GT that's been stripped and gutted.

Given another v6 I'd go for an appearance of a GT, lose the side skirts front air dam bumpers, put the GT spoiler up front then lose the hoods plastic insert for welded in metal and a smooth paint job ... like the GT dash with the rpm right in your face too!

Heck, I've got to get myself more time to play and money to spend!

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

i too love what your doing and once some of my "other" projects are out of the way am planning alot of that same stuff...well except the bumpers unless they fall into my lap LOL..already got half the tail lights,(i hate the 80s tail lights nissans toyotas delorian well thats what they look like lol) the alfetta 2 piece front air dam(actualy i have the entire front section of an alfetta) and the louvered rear vents(wich i prefer) as well as the blue faced fetta guages as i love em but prefer the gtv6s locations as it presents a slightly more "finished" look instead of semi half arsed
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I am thinking of removing the side and rear skirts for the clean Brian Berger look...all will come off anyway for rust work.

Brother-in-law just finished wiring up 220v to garage so I can now weld up some bumper supports....

Got the fron turn signals too...

Thanks for the comments!
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

got the welder going...it took a few hours to fab the bumper supports..a good father son project as my dad was in town

bumper is a little lower than stock because I want to put in one of the chrome Alfetta center grills

turn signals are temporary

anyway, found a source for 3 x 3 woven stainless mesh and will replace the upper and lower front grills and headlight surround, and then replace the headlight mount w/others...eventually
Attachments
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG (142.56 KiB) Viewed 7599 times
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

maybe its just me and maybe its the angle..but the wheels look likethey clash with the bumpers..otherwise i like it
x-rad
Verde
Verde

NEW TURN SIGNALS

Post by x-rad »

I had the week off so many posts from me...in between changing diapers, that is

Anyway, finished mock-up of front bumper w/turn signals

see what you think..also put a vid up on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZNcyZCCSik

Had to convert single filament holder to dual, just a little grinding and soldering.....
Attachments
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG (132.47 KiB) Viewed 7492 times
IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2276.JPG (199.76 KiB) Viewed 7491 times
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

Where did you get the turn signals?
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

MALDI: long story there...it took four months because I ordered another set which never came in...and finally I got these which worked out after a little work..

If you are interested..you need to get ECHLIN part # LS6114 (two filament tail light insert) and cut off the crown to get it to fit into light housing.

Put it into 3" Amber round 1-face chrome case marker light #30574 made by United Pacific. This light I bought at the "BIG RIG CHROME SHOP" on the net. Have to drill the mounting bolt down the center a little wider to accept two power leads(turn and running lights) and ground it internally to case ...like my photo above...Blue wire is ground from bulb insert housing to light case, which is then grounded to bumper by mounting bolt.

Total cost: 10$ for Amber light and 4$ for Echlin insert...pretty cool for total of 28$!

PS: uses standard dual filament bulbs..buy the heavy duty filament ones and change them less often

Remeber: you saw it here first :)
Last edited by x-rad on Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

Thanks!
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9