gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Would you buy this GTV ? or - Rust in weird and scary place

Post by gtv11636 »

Well.
Found a first owner GTV 84 model, with original but faded paint, all original car, no accidents or repairs never.
Car has covered 12,500 genuine miles!
Checked it carefuly! including under carpets and everywhere! i had lot of experience with GTV rust so i looked everywhere.
Didnt find anything at all, except one anoying rust spot, at a scary place if you ask me.
Well, made a misstake not taking picture, but here is a picture of another car i took from the net (without rust) and i marked the place with a red arrow.
Still dont know though if its only the upper layer(inner wing part) rusted or did it already penetrated the crossmember under it.
Would love to hear professional and non proffesional opinions.
Would you repair this car or leave it ? is it a highly stressed part ? isnt it risky ? (becous it is so close to front section of chassis rail attachment)

Will appriciate any answer or response, a specialy if someone has seen this place rust before, had repair such rust, or can put pictures.

Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Tomer,The rust you got there is from battery acid leaks..Its a 2.0l body and the battery is mounted above the spot you indicated.
No biggy imo..
:D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Re: Would you buy this GTV ? or - Rust in weird and scary place

Post by gtv11636 »

Thanks Barry
But the rust didnt coused fron battery leak, as this car has its battery at the back, it has an original A\C.
Anyone here ever saw this place rust on GTV's or have experience with such repair?
Pictures would be also grate if possible.
Thanks.