Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Re: 1-Year Notice of Forum Closure (End of 2018)

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

I would hate to see this wealth of knowledge (old Posts and Members to ask questions) lost.
I almost had a little cry the other day when the site wouldn't load.

Glad to help with a donation as keeping this site going keep my car running!

Keep up the great work
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

I am happy to help support this. Something like Google syndicated advertising would not have any influence on what is said on the forum and would help with the costs. Having said that, I am happy to chip in or help to organise the hosting if necessary. What kind of hosting is needed to keep it going?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Mr 75 evo, Zamani or my favourite Zeefa-obviously you do not know our site's most understated contributor, Dennis. He pounds the keyboard all day long for a living so he keeps an eye on the Forum without doubt. He may not wield a spanner as well as the Greekster nor be as slick on the track as Kevin Fangio but rest assured his commitment to the GTV6 is deep. I mean anybody who travels from Holland to Australia to check out the local Alfas is no lightweight. Dennis would sleep in his GTV6 if he could only get the double bed in there.....(I'm not saying he is not working on it.) Hahhaa.

...from the other end of the noodle.(brainbox, cranium container, repository of knowledge)

I don't know about the rest of the planet but from my perspective, the GTV6 and the rest of the transaxle family are quietly working their way to the motorsport pointy end at Club competition level and privateer engagements. This development (in part) is due to the exchange of valuable information available on this and other Alfa forums, this one being a key player for transaxles. I also notice that at least locally, the price of these cars is steadily rising and for some examples quite steeply signifying the final recognition of these great vehicles.

Much like the front engined Prosche 924 not receiving much acceptance from the Porsche fraternity forcing the manufacter to go back to rear engines, the venture into the consumer market front wheel drive by Alfa is not exactly what Alfa drivers want either causing the factory to abandon this direction and return to its roots
To my knowledge, there never has been a FWD F1 car nor is there likely to be one for good reason. Motorsport needs RWD or AWD to do the business well. This site has been instrumental in championing a return to RWD by Alfa and I can remember even discussions on a mid engine 164 conversion of a GTV6. Lo and behold, out comes the 4C !!! Don't tell me Alfa doesn't pay attention to Forums !

To keep the spirit alive in these cars and the great fraternity we share here, we have to come to a solution to maintain this site if for no other reason than to keep an eye on Dennis...
Last edited by MD on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alfahaka
Silver
Silver

Post by alfahaka »

Where do I sign (over the cash)...
AlanV6
Gold
Gold

Post by AlanV6 »

Please dont close this forum, because of it and because of Jim i finnaly have a reliable 3.0v6 engine in my racecar (Jim's book and all knowledge that he posted on here)
It would be a shame to loose so much good information that this forum has. I will happily pay a small fee to help keep it alive.

@MD - fwd cars are totaly ok and very fast if set right ;)
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Wow yes I'm willing to "kick in" as required.This site has provided a huge amount of knowledge and motivation over the years.It MUST stay !
John in Albq
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Albq »

Happy to chip in $ to keep the site online.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Thanks to Michael who helped upgrade the forum. So the forum will now continue to stay open until further notice.
Dr. Alban
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

YAHOOO !!!

Better than sex on a stick. !
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Wow, this is wonderful! Thanks to everyone involved.
4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

I have helped Michael make banner graphics in the past, the one above and the one of Barry's GTV6. I am happy to continue to help in that regard.

-Brian