Ideas for improving the site? Notice any problems? Please report them here.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Does it seem like this site is dying to anyone else?

Post by kevin »

Great idea having a concours section. We have a chap here in SA who has just restored a SA GTV 3.0 . He has no interest in making it go faster or as he admits does not know anything mechanical but he will spend ours restoring. Its pretty intersting how he has remade and copied parts that you cannot get anymore just to make sure he does not lose points in our next show in the origional category . In our bling catergory de elegance i think we actually mine most of the worlds chrome to support this.
Michael can you start a new section. Conours and Preparation or similiar - thanks Md
JohnGTA
Silver
Silver

Post by JohnGTA »

la_strega_nera wrote:
Zamani wrote:This site is old, the cars are old and the people are getting old too. :lol:

I first joined this site after meeting Mike in 1996 or so.

The number of people calling it quits due to the economic situation is also going up. I even saw JK selling his big runners. What does that mean? His 12V V6 days are done? And there are lots of other people no longer on this site. You guys remember Marcel? Lane Louie? And the list goes on.

Also this site is very specific, catering towards the very hardcore transaxle owner with a strong bias towards modification. So very few people (from an already small pool of people) belong to this group.

So don't be surprised if the occasional tumble weed blows through :mrgreen:
Jeez, I can't remember when I signed up for the old GTV6.org, but it was a while ago. I look back at some of the shit i posted back in those days and shudder - fuck I was a dickhead back then, and I suspect in the past my attitude has resulted some people leaving the forum...

Anyway, there's been plenty of guys trickle out of the forum - and there's plenty of damage being done to the scene by the John GTA/Barry and JJ/Rich Jemison fighting - I know people who just don't go on the Alfabb anymore because of the JJ/RJ fighting. Anyone remember GarthDB? Moved to melbourne and just dissapeared.
Anyone remember the Italian guy with the 75 Turbo on the Alfa Digest? Used to have a website about the car and his Bike (Modified Suzuki RF900)... he appears to have completely dissapeared from the face of the earth.

I know I haven't been posting much because I'm trying to get some non transaxle projects finished and done to clear the decks for a proper transaxle/V6 project (and get my finances back in order and save for a europe trip later in the year), but I still log in for a look every day.

I NEVER started the fight, I'm just a petrol-head Alfisti, something that Kevin can attest to?Barry burnt his bridges with me & Dawie a while back, then the sh1t started.
Kevin, I have a good project on the go with my 156GTA 3.7L turbo, it's making 440kW & 620Nm on the hub dyno now.My GTV6 3L is now up to Concourse d'etat standard.Kevin, I'll send you some pics & if you think they are worth posting then I'll do it.
We ALL share the same passion, Rich insulted South Africans in general when he started with JJ, I left the Alfabb because of him but I will not leave this forum.It's time for me to post pics & talk alfa, just cars, personals don't belong here.I'm one of those that haven't gone through a recession, I'm retired, all I have is my family & my Alfa's, it's time for me to share my alfa's with the alfisti here, especially my GTV6's.
Ciao
85' 3L GTV6(White) number 197off 212, 3.5L
83' 3L GTV6 (Red) number 46 off 212
03' 156GTA(Red)3.7L Turbo
06' 147GTA(Blue)3.8L+6XITB's
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hey I insult South africans all day and the occasional Ozzie. Keeps me on my toes.
MD hows your Prius build coming on :wall:
JohnGTA
Silver
Silver

Post by JohnGTA »

kevin wrote:Hey I insult South africans all day and the occasional Ozzie. Keeps me on my toes.
MD hows your Prius build coming on :wall:

Kevin,
There are insults & then there are insults, the guy was being distastefull to the point of vulgarity.But that's old news.How is your race car build coming on?
BTW, have you made any 3L bonnets, fiberglass bumpers,front spoilers etc?
What is the total weight saving if one saves the stock bumpers for a rainy day & uses yours? How is the fit & finish?You must show me when I'm up in your part of the world, I will be staying at Dawie's place for about a week or so, so I will be at his workshop most of the time.
Ciao
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The bumpers and bonnets are perfect . As i am not a vendor or openly sell and items i just send them to Div. I will get you all weights and post it on race cars section.
MD have you put air bags in your orange cab racer yet? :wall:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

John,

Just for your edumecation..the wrongly described term of "insults" are better described as a cattle prod in the derrierre just to see if people are awake. The SA/Oz exchanges are cricket derrived and by general concensus are harmless much like Kevin's attempts at racing in his own garage with the lights off and racing noises coming from the CD player.. :D :D

Go kevin.. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
JohnGTA
Silver
Silver

Post by JohnGTA »

MD wrote:John,

Just for your edumecation..the wrongly described term of "insults" are better described as a cattle prod in the derrierre just to see if people are awake. The SA/Oz exchanges are cricket derrived and by general concensus are harmless much like Kevin's attempts at racing in his own garage with the lights off and racing noises coming from the CD player.. :D :D

Go kevin.. :D

MD, understood.
BTW, the photos that I sent to Kevin are all over 200KB & we cannot upload, can you help? Maybe PM me an e-mail address & I will forward you all the pics?
Ciao
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

I have just been browsing the last couple of years as I have just bought a house and moved to Italy. Big increase in taxes and lots to do on the house, Alfa is sitting in an underground car park until cashflow improves. It needs a brake overhaul to get it back on the road and also now needs belts and fluids after such a long lay up. Last journey was a road trip with the whole family from Portugal to Nice, France. Can´t wait to get it back on the road... Shame about fuel prices now though! Keep it going guys!
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

John and anyone else in this predicament.
Use this little freeware program to reduce the image size.

FastStone Photo Resizer 3.0

Get it here : http://www.faststone.org/download.htm
WhizzMan
Silver
Silver

Post by WhizzMan »

Hey I just got here. Don't die on me already!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Stay with us whizzmann
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

...can't see it dying, we're just crackin' second wind.
.. and in Kevin's case, it's mostly wind. :D :D

Meanwhile, where is our fearless leader, Mats ? Earth calling Mats ! :D
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Glad you are on the other side of the globe with all that wind you're crackin'....I think only the Greekster could stand THAT smell :shock:
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

You gotta do what ya gotta do to get those extra horses :oops:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

I am worried Mats has been kidnapped by aliens... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Possibly sucked up by the "Northern Lights" ???