Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
Peab
Silver
Silver

Fuel Pump Mod.

Post by Peab »

I have followed Steve R's description during my assembly. When i came to the Fuel pump modification, i couldn't get it to match up with the schematic of Peter Florace. In Peters drawing, the banded end of the diode goes to Q3 collector hole. Steve says in the description to put it to "the furthest hole". To me that seems to indicate the emitter hole...
Further, it looks to me that it is the collector leg that should connect to the resistor based on Peters drawing. But Steve writes that one should bend out the emitter leg and connect to the resistor.

Should we infact have a fuel modification different from what Peter Florance describes ? Or am i just reading this all wrong ??

Just like to get this clarified before i install the MS into the car.
David
Gold
Gold

Post by David »

I recall I had the same problem with Peter's schematic but from my notes, I think I followed Steve's instructions and everything worked OK.

Perhaps Steve can confirm this for everyone.

David
1985 GTV6 3.0 Zender Body Kit - Red
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Yeah - I did the same and it works fine.

By the way David, are you getting a clean tach signal? I'm still trying to fix the rpm spike problem.
Michael
1981 GTV6
David
Gold
Gold

Post by David »

Michael,

I haven't had any further problems with tach spikes since the "Dave Cap" was installed. I'm still learning the fine tuning but don't want to mess up what Peter Webb has sorted out for me.

David
1985 GTV6 3.0 Zender Body Kit - Red
Peab
Silver
Silver

Post by Peab »

Okay, thanks guys.. I actually followed the schematics of Peter Florance exactly since i thought that was the most correct piece of information. So i'll have to re-solder the Q3 and the underneath diode again.. good to get it sorted before installation.
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

Hi guys, All I can say is my version works, although I did have trouble understanding the original diagram from Peter initially. I'm sure there's more than one way to do it.
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
Peab
Silver
Silver

Post by Peab »

I had a check with the multi-meter yesterday, with the MS on the Stim, and were able to read 9V off the banded end of the underneath diode.

Remember, I have done the mod. exactly according to Peter Florance drawing. So 9V there means 9V out on the fuel pump pin. And that is what we want.

So i think i will not bother to change my system after all. Will try to install with this solution and see how it goes.