<  MegaSquirt Fuel Injection  ~  MSII v3 flyback question

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:59 pm
User avatarSilverSilverJoined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:42 pmPosts: 7Location: Reading, MA USA
The MS documentation seems to suggest that any more than 4 low-z injectors require the add-on flyback circuit - but I thought v3 incorporated that circuit already.

Anyone using v3 with no additional flyback - good/bad results?

Thanks,
Kevin Oliver

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:37 pm
User avatarVerdeVerdeJoined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:16 amPosts: 621Location: Lac Brome Quebec - Canada
Kevin I've been running V3.0 with its integrated flyback on my GTV6 low Z injectors for about a year now.All is well.No need for any additional circuits.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:39 pm
User avatarSilverSilverJoined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:42 pmPosts: 7Location: Reading, MA USA
Murray -

Thanks very much for the quick response. We are going to finally try to fire up tomorrow. The first time I missed a ground and fried a diode in the power section - we fixed that and are having a go at it again.

Kevin

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:22 am
User avatarGoldGoldJoined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:33 amPosts: 175Location: N.Z.45 south
So I take it that this applies to my build also? Standard 2.5 setup. Do these have low impedence injectors?

Thanx Tim.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:55 am
Yes - they are low Z injectors....will work with your std 2.5 setup.

Kevin

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:00 pm
User avatarGoldGoldJoined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:33 amPosts: 175Location: N.Z.45 south
Hey cheerz for that. Sorry for all the Qs. :oops: Learnt alot so far.,

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:08 pm
User avatarGoldGoldJoined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:59 amPosts: 182Location: Chicago, IL
Yes, flyback is integrated into MSII. I ran my MS-I with 6 low impedence injectors with no flyback board for quite some time. My Spider did not fair so well with 4 low impedence injectors. I fried 2 sets of output transistors. You will find with an ohm meter that the V6 injectors are about 3.2 ohms and the Spider injectors are 1.3ohms.

If you're not running MS-I don't worry about it. Measure the resistance across your injectors to make sure. You might be able to get by without. High inpedence barb type injectors are hard to come by and expensive compared to the o-ring type. You can make a new fuel rail easy enough. Some careful heating and bending of an extruded rail can mimic the stock rail. You will need a 13.5mm drill bit to make the o-ring seal. The bits are available from MSD for some ridiculous amount of money. $85 last time I checked. However that investment will allow for a wider range of injectors at reasonable prices.

-Peter

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:09 am
User avatarVerdeVerdeJoined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:01 pmPosts: 547Location: Northern Wisconsin
I didnt realize that you can run o ring injectors into standard milano/gtv6 intake runners. Am I understanding this correctly?

Offline Profile