<  MegaSquirt Fuel Injection  ~  o2 sensors and wideband?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:02 am
GoldGoldJoined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:59 amPosts: 85Location: New Zealand
i have just bought a MSII for my gtv-6.
i was wondering whether it is recommended to run 2 o2 sensors, one for each bank, or if its not worth the hassle and a single one is sufficient?
if 2 is recommended, can i simply put a switch between the two and select which sensor i use?
i have also been looking into WB o2 sensors and am looking the innovate LC-1. are many people out there running this set up? and is it a worth while investment?
lastly anyone out there running this set up with 2 sensors and some form of switch to select between the two?

any input and suggestions would be much appreciated, MS build is about to commence, i just want to finalise exactly what im running with it before i dive headlong into the build.

cheers

ben

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:16 am
VerdeVerdeJoined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:06 pmPosts: 1552
Running just one O2 sensor is fine. I wouldn't bother with 2. As for the widebands, I like the NGK unit. It's inexpensive, accurate, and I like the display it comes with.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:22 am
User avatarVerdeVerdeJoined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:16 amPosts: 621Location: Lac Brome Quebec - Canada
Ben I've been running the LC-1 with my MS II for over a year now.Once you get it set up precisely according to Innovate's instructions it works very well.I have a single sensor in one of my downpipes (Europipes) and am satisfied with the accuracy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:37 am
User avatarGoldGoldJoined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:59 amPosts: 182Location: Chicago, IL
benski105 wrote:
i have just bought a MSII for my gtv-6.
i was wondering whether it is recommended to run 2 o2 sensors, one for each bank, or if its not worth the hassle and a single one is sufficient?
if 2 is recommended, can i simply put a switch between the two and select which sensor i use?
i have also been looking into WB o2 sensors and am looking the innovate LC-1. are many people out there running this set up? and is it a worth while investment?
lastly anyone out there running this set up with 2 sensors and some form of switch to select between the two?

any input and suggestions would be much appreciated, MS build is about to commence, i just want to finalise exactly what im running with it before i dive headlong into the build.

cheers

ben

Same here. 1 sensor in 1 bank and it's been just fine. Tuned it from scratch with 1 sensor with relative ease. Most of the tuning files around were derived from mine 4 years ago.

-Peter

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:54 am
GoldGoldJoined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:59 amPosts: 85Location: New Zealand
thanks for that input!

i have bought a single wideband and controller from DIY autotune!
ill put an extra bung on the other side and swap it over to see if theres a difference.

things are slowly taking shape!

Ms build will start shortly!!

Offline Profile