Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
benski105
Gold
Gold

o2 sensors and wideband?

Post by benski105 »

i have just bought a MSII for my gtv-6.
i was wondering whether it is recommended to run 2 o2 sensors, one for each bank, or if its not worth the hassle and a single one is sufficient?
if 2 is recommended, can i simply put a switch between the two and select which sensor i use?
i have also been looking into WB o2 sensors and am looking the innovate LC-1. are many people out there running this set up? and is it a worth while investment?
lastly anyone out there running this set up with 2 sensors and some form of switch to select between the two?

any input and suggestions would be much appreciated, MS build is about to commence, i just want to finalise exactly what im running with it before i dive headlong into the build.

cheers

ben
1962 Giulia Ti Race-car
1969 Giulia Super
1987 GTV6- new race project.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Running just one O2 sensor is fine. I wouldn't bother with 2. As for the widebands, I like the NGK unit. It's inexpensive, accurate, and I like the display it comes with.
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Ben I've been running the LC-1 with my MS II for over a year now.Once you get it set up precisely according to Innovate's instructions it works very well.I have a single sensor in one of my downpipes (Europipes) and am satisfied with the accuracy.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Re: o2 sensors and wideband?

Post by P.Webb »

benski105 wrote:i have just bought a MSII for my gtv-6.
i was wondering whether it is recommended to run 2 o2 sensors, one for each bank, or if its not worth the hassle and a single one is sufficient?
if 2 is recommended, can i simply put a switch between the two and select which sensor i use?
i have also been looking into WB o2 sensors and am looking the innovate LC-1. are many people out there running this set up? and is it a worth while investment?
lastly anyone out there running this set up with 2 sensors and some form of switch to select between the two?

any input and suggestions would be much appreciated, MS build is about to commence, i just want to finalise exactly what im running with it before i dive headlong into the build.

cheers

ben
Same here. 1 sensor in 1 bank and it's been just fine. Tuned it from scratch with 1 sensor with relative ease. Most of the tuning files around were derived from mine 4 years ago.

-Peter
benski105
Gold
Gold

o2 sensors and wideband?

Post by benski105 »

thanks for that input!

i have bought a single wideband and controller from DIY autotune!
ill put an extra bung on the other side and swap it over to see if theres a difference.

things are slowly taking shape!

Ms build will start shortly!!
1962 Giulia Ti Race-car
1969 Giulia Super
1987 GTV6- new race project.