Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
mac74
Silver
Silver

Installing MS 3.57

Post by mac74 »

Hi!

I'm just finishing my install using a pre-built MS1 3.57. I've followed the MS > L-Jet drawing when building the adaptor for using my existing LJet-harness. I also bought a db37-pigtail to make life easier.

I have two groundcables coming from the db37-pigtail. I just ground them to the Ljet-casing, right? Also I'm supposed to ground Ljet pin28 to the same point?

Am I missing something else or am I good to go?

Also, I would like to run MS-Extra with mapdot to start with. Any special code needed or is it ok with current MS-Extra firmware?

Regards
/Marcus
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi Marcus, do you have any pics of your MS11 install? I have a MS11 v3 to install in my GTV6 3.0L but dont know where to start so any help would be greatfully accepted.

email: paulbird666@live.co.uk

Cheers
Paul UK :twisted:
mac74
Silver
Silver

Post by mac74 »

Paul, It's not that much to see really, but I recommend you to slaughter an ljet-box to build the adaptor and also to get the db37-pigtail. As you can see there's still a few wires to be soldered. Hopefully I will just plug in the MS and start tuning soon ;)

Here goes:
Attachments
cam 037.JPG
cam 037.JPG (51.61 KiB) Viewed 13549 times
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi marcus, that was a quick reply, thanks. I have already got a gutted l-jet box ready to go, I just need to do the soldering. I have a schematic from Steve Rosser but I am no electrical wizard, I like to work from photo's as well as drawings. I also have a DB37 pigtail. I would like to make the transition form l-jet to MS11 as easy as possible.

Cheers
Paul UK :twisted:
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi Marcus, you dont have a list of what wire on the DB37 goes to which number on the ljet connector do you?

Cheers
Paul UK
mac74
Silver
Silver

Post by mac74 »

Yes, I have. Here they are.
Attachments
ljet-to-ms.pdf
ljet-to-ms.pdf (19.6 KiB) Viewed 13462 times
MS LJET Interconnect.xls
(17.5 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
mac74
Silver
Silver

Post by mac74 »

Hmmm, don't know why uploading the .pdf doesn't work!? Paul, If you want that too I can email it to you.
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi Marcus, the pdf downloaded ok, many thanks. I must be no good at this stuff,im just as confused as before, maybe I should just send it to you with some cash and get it done by someone who knows what they are doing!!!!

Im sure I'll get to grips with it. :?

Cheers
PaulUK
mac74
Silver
Silver

Post by mac74 »

I'm sure you'll figure it out. If you check the backside of the ljet-connector you'll notice that every pin is numbered. You don't have to worry about the MS-pins since you have the pigtail with labeled wires, right? If you use the excel-document you'll only have to match for example, the CLT (coolant temp sensor)-pigtailwire to pin13 on the ljet-connector. Solder the most obvious first and check twice that you connect them to the right ljet-pin.

/Marcus
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

I have looked at the diagramme and found where most of the wires go in relation to the l-jet ecu but I dont know what number the f-idle and spark-A go to.

Paul UK
mac74
Silver
Silver

Post by mac74 »

I'm going for fuel-only to start with before doing ignition. With my MS1 I think it's db37-pin36 that is to be connected directly to the ignition module. Don't know about f-idle.