Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
treffynnon
Silver
Silver

SOLD: MegaSquirt & Accessories built for L-Jet cars

Post by treffynnon »

SOLD - Everything has now been sold.

I have a fully built and functional MegaSquirt (parts bought in April of 2004 through a group buy). It is mounted in a Bosch L-Jetronic case which makes it perfect for L-Jet cars such as BMWs and Alfas (among otheres). It also has the flyback board installed in the case for L-Jet low impedance injectors. Because its in an L-Jet case it will bolt into your orginal EFI computer position and will just plug right into the wiring harness. It has also had the necessary fuel pump circuit modification done to it.

My Alfa 75 3.0 V6 ran perfectly with this MegaSquirt and I got it somewhat tuned through the rev range. But I have run out of time to play with the tuning and to be honest I need to the money back for other things. I had it running with MAPdot but it will come with a Vishay TPS (from FarnellOne group buy) so you could run TPSdot.

What your getting:
  • Complete and functional MS in L-Jet case with FlyBack board installed and functional
  • Air/Water temperature sensor from group buy
  • Variable Resistance TPS with mounting plate for Alfa throttle body
  • Stewart/Aussie stimulator which is functional and complete
  • Serial/null modem cable for PC or PDA connection
I am looking for $350 AUD for the lot. A very good price when the price of parts, especially an L-Jet case are included.

I also have other items for sale:
  • Handspring Visor PDA with serial and USB cradle, perfect for tuning a MS $55 in as new condition, includes a cable to convert the PDA serial to null modem for MS
  • Greddy WIDEBAND air fuel mixture gauge with O2 sensor $250 in fantastic used condition
  • 80cm length of 85mm air intake ducting ($35 a metre new) which is heat resistant. Comes with two hose clamps. $25
Please email me: [REMOVED] for more information. Photos will arrive soon.

All prices in AUD.

Items are located in South East Melbourne, Australia.

Will be sending all items via Australia Post if not picked up. Will ship world wide.

Thanks,
Simon

Last edited by treffynnon on Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

That's a good deal. I figure it to be about $270 USD.

Why did you give up on the project Simon? Last I knew you were very impressed with the MS and were getting on quite well with it.

-Peter
The true joy of an Alfa Romeo is behind the wheel.
sammbo
Silver
Silver

Post by sammbo »

Hi Simon,

I may be interested in the MS you have for sale.
I live in Melbourne (northern suburbs).
I've just sent you an email with my details to discuss further.

thanks
Sam
I'd rather push my Alfa than drive Jap crap.
Come to think of it, I often do ! :roll:
treffynnon
Silver
Silver

Post by treffynnon »

P.Webb wrote:Why did you give up on the project Simon? Last I knew you were very impressed with the MS and were getting on quite well with it.
Peter,

I was getting on very well with it and I was impressed with it too. But uni has become too intense and I need the time I was spending playing with cars for my final year. I have driven the car on the MS and it was good. However I have not finished tuning it and I don't have the time. So I decided it would be best to sell this MS on and if I find I have the time/money after uni then I might try again. I would rather someone was getting good use out of it as opposed to it sitting on my bookshelf for a year. :)

Thank you for all your help during the purchase and installation of my MegaSquirt.

Thanks,
Simon
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

I am interested in your megasquirt, but I live in the US. Do you still have it? Please email me with payment details!:)
treffynnon
Silver
Silver

Post by treffynnon »