Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
Luis
Gold
Gold

Another Megasquirter, from Spain

Post by Luis »

Hi all.

I´m just put my megasquirt on my car:

GTV6 3.0, C&B cams, CSC headers, and 1.8 Turbo injectors whith raised fuel presure.

I need some tuning on the VE table, i´m using the best.msq archive whith mods to the constants, and whithout AFM, the car runs, but i have to put the idle up 1000 RPMs and seems a little rich.

Instead of the ZTX751 i put a BD138 (BD140 and ZTX753 will work), 2k2 ohm instead of that 1k6 and another Diode instead 1n4004, That one is up to 1000v and 2 Amp i don´t remember the part number now, but any Diode of more than 400v works.

I´m waiting for a friend whith a Laptop to make the Tuning, i also have a Wide Band O2 Sensor, so the tuning should be perfect, i´m also thinking on upgrade to 12x12 tables.
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

Hi Luis and welcome.

It would be great if you could add your car to the 'Success Stories' thread here so we have a tally of running cars.

Michael the Admin is working on getting .MSQ and .XLS files uploadable to the forum.

I couldn't find that BD138 locally or I would have used it too. There isn't much in the way of electronics supply around here and DigiKey have a $5 service fee on orders under $25.

If you check out the MSnS-Extra thread here, I've posted links to MSQ files (and the .020i code, and MT files) for the 12x12 upgrade. My Extra020i MSQ has worked pretty well in other 3.0 cars so it might be a good starting point.

The B&G 2.98 code doesn't have target AFR and neither does MT2.20. If you want to really take advantage of the WB02, you will need the Extra020i firmware and MT2.25. You'll see what I mean when you download it. Extra has all the variants built into 1 firmware file, including ignition, TargetAFR, boost control, NOX, MAPdotAE and all that fun stuff.

Keep us posted how the tuning is going. You can email me your datalog and MSQ directly if you want me to take a look at it.

Also try running it through MSLVV and MST3000 to see if they give any hints.

-Peter
The true joy of an Alfa Romeo is behind the wheel.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

I can also recommend upgrading to the MSNS-Extra code - many advantages not the least of them being better handling of the ignition signal which seems to solve tach spiking problems!
http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/index.html
I'm running the 2.25b417 version of Megatune with MSNS-Extra v 024f. This version of Megatune has built-in support for many wide band sensors, even Zeitronix which I'm using. I can post my current MSQ file tonight if you wish - though it’s not tuned very well currently. The target ARF works very well ... except mine does not seem to be able to hit my target (set to 12.4? : 1) under high load. Works very well at light load. I get something like 13.06 under high load.
What should I be shooting for as far as a high load AFR?
Michael
1981 GTV6
Luis
Gold
Gold

Post by Luis »

This weekend i´m going to make some tuning, i have now megatune 2.25b417 (what a improvement..!). But don´t know what S19 firmware file is better, seems that the one called 21u3 is the stable one, but i have 22u4 now on the CPU.

I´m going to put 21u3, and make the final tuning whith it.

For high load AFR i´m thinking on something like 12.6, Michael maybe your car is out of injectors, increase your fuel presure by .5 and you can gain 8% of fuel flow.

I´ll try to take some pictures too and then i´ll add my car to "Success Stories"
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Michael, it does sound to me like you are starting to hit the limits of the injectors, like Luis said, a little more fuel pressure will take care of it.

Stock sized injectors are OK on a stock 3.0 but they are just barely OK on a 3.0 with S cams, and mild mods. In the past it was usually best to stay with stock sized injectors with L-Jet until you really needed bigger injectors because it's tough to get past an emissions check with bigger injectors. Now with the advent of these lower cost systems I usually suggest bigger injectors. In the case of your car, it's so close a bump in pressure up to about 40 psi would probably take care of it.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Thanks Greg. I do happen to have an adjustable FPR I'll install this weekend and test.
Long term, I think I'll be turning to you for a set of bigger injectors :)
Michael
1981 GTV6
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

Michael fyi I have a set of Greg's bigger injectors in mine controlled by MS and they work perfectly. No more problems with running out of duty cycle.
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Steve: Is this what your best.msq file is configured for (the bigger injectors)?
Did you try increasing the fuel pressure?
Michael
1981 GTV6