Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
Peab
Silver
Silver

Success, but lambda not working

Post by Peab »

Today was a beautiful sunny day, so i decided that now was the time to install MS into the GTV6. Put everything in, had to change over two wires for the TPS before first start, due to inverted signal when applying throttle, but otherwise everything looked good.

So i decided to fire up, and the engine started and ran smoothly from first crank. So the actual install went much easier than i feared.

Turning to the datalogging, i noticed that i have no lambda sensor signal. I have a one wire sensor, and i have wondered how this would work out. But in the MegaManual it is stated that one-wire sensors may also be used. So now i wonder if any of you have such a sensor, and how i can bring it to life ?

I wired MS pin 23 directly to the lambda sensor and pin 5 first to L-Jet pin 23, then directly to ground.
Peab
Silver
Silver

Post by Peab »

not much activity on the forum...

well, solved my problem today. Changed the lambda to a three-wire version. I'm now getting the signal in Megatunix. It turned out that the insulation on the wire from the old lambda had melted on the CSC header-pipe. So the signal was shorted to ground. Have tried to clamp the new wire so it runs free from the exhaust pipe, but it is dangerously close due to the lack of space under there.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Hi:
I had to deal with this when installing my wideband sensor recently (highly recommended for MS by the way). I used an insulating sleeve to shield the O2 wires from the headers which I think is made for sparkplug wires for American V8 engines, when they install tubular headers. I found it at NAPA without much identification. So far, its worked well.
Congrats on your MS success!
Michael
1981 GTV6
Peab
Silver
Silver

Post by Peab »

Thanks, what type of wideband sensor do you have ? Was it easy to install the controller for it and get it to play with MS?