Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Finally my Giulietta from Uruguay

Post by fedezyl »

Here are some pictures of my Giulietta, I live in Uruguay, we don't have many of these here and all of them came with the 1.6 engine.
It currently has it's own 1.6 engine with cams made with a cam profile from Jim K's book as well as the head porting all to Jim K's book specification. We are still fine tuning the carbs, but it's running pretty good, but according to my mechanic, an old school alfa mechanic, he's been working on them for the past 38 years says it goes pretty strong for being a Giulietta. Anyways, it's awaiting a V6 conversion, I already have the engines, but sadly i'm missing a V6 flywheel, the engine mounts, all three of them, and the front part of the propshaft...Barry I could use your help on this one.

In any case, here are the pics.

Engine Compartement

This is from the interior, brand new.

3/4 rear view

Rear view

Another 3/4 rear view

Right side view

Please bear in mind that the car is still under reconstruction, here are some pictures of how it was when I bought it..

I'm really interested if people who've made this conversion, on what parts are needed to put the 3L V6 in a Giulietta (Barry if you could give me a hand please)
Please feel free to post comments, good or bad, this is my first recontruction job so any tips are welcome!!

Cheers

Federico
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Wow, good job of saving that Giulietta! Seems like it has some further excitement ahead it (=V6 power).
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Yeah, it took about a year to get it painted and repaired, there's still some details but it's well on it's way, I just need the parts for that V6 conversion and it'll be almost done! hehe
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Fine work on the seats!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

yes, they are definetely nice, very happy with the job done, I still have to take it back to finish up some details, but it's coming along nicely!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: Finally my Giulietta from Uruguay

Post by fedezyl »

Well after many years, changing Giulietta's and getting all the parts and conversion together it's finally running.

Engine from a 164, megasquirt 2, TS gearbox, 28mm bars, koni struts and poly bushings.

Just waiting for the bumpers and other little trim bits to be put in.

Oh, I have a Jim K design exhaust with 2 mufflers.

Sorry for the video quality, it was shot on an Iphone 4s but sent through whatsapp, so quality sucks, in 20 days i'll upload some videos with the gopro when I go back home for vacations.

http://youtu.be/5G1CXayIMu8

http://youtu.be/Z_w2gypWI7Y
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Fed this has been a long journey to get it here . How's the paint after all this time as you painted over 6 years ago . Nice to hear v6 sound out of the Giulietta
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Well, the blue car in the pictures is turned now into a race car, well, on it's way to, now it has an RS suspension kit, FIA regualtion roll cage and 1.6 gearbox with limited slip diff from a 75 TS. It's waiting for rust repairs and a new paint job (the one it got 6 years ago was quite a bad paint job...).
This one is actually a Giulietta I picked up with 56.000 km's on the clock, it was in a deposit for 10 years before I got it in exchange of some old Giulia parts I had.
The car was complete, body straight, minor rust spots and just needed a respray which is what it got, ALFA 501 as per the sticker it had (PPG).
This has basically all the running gear of a 75 ts minus the suspension bits which are upgraded.

After this is completed i'll go on and rebuild a TS engine I have for the Giulietta racer, it'll probably end up being turbocharged with a MS2 or MS3 setup. As of right now it's running with the original 1.6 engine with ported heads, TS cam profiles, 2L intake valves and a set of GTA pistons I had laying around, basically a low cost rebuild from a bunch of part's i've collected over the years. I didn't get the chance to tune it and get it to the dyno before I left, so I might get that done when I get back home now.