Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

new gtv6 owner

Post by sh0rtlife »

about a year ago i began work on putting this 83 gtv6 back together as a favor for a friend..he had started an engine swap due to it blowing smoke(more about that later) during the swap and waiting for parts he simply gave up on it and let it sit....me being well versed in general on all aspects of car repair mostly pertaining top classics i said id do it..2 weeks later it was running ..this was no easy task being my first alfa job..traking wireing diagrams cause every thing under hood was not wired..as well as no vacume lines hooked up..for the mot part i played it by instinct and figured it all out and had it running great...a lil rich but great also had to put in and align the fresh gibo's(sp?)as well as the exhaust sytem and shift linkage..later had some noise from under the car..guess thos bands have to come off the gibo's lol..2 days later it was smokeing..come to find out the first engine was fine but the air box map was tamped with causeing a major rich condition ..swaped it with a spare unit..only to have the spark amplifier die.....once fixed it ran flawless (except 2nd gear)...im positive the stock 2.5 was fine and running condition when pulled..but im unsure if the new engine is a 2.5 or a 3.0 as it came from a milano i belive 86 if someone can help me ID it that would be great

anyway im in the middle of rebuilding the dieing calipers and would love to attack the transmision later this summer..as it stands it gets 30+mpg on the freeway gotta love that..it apears to be a leftover Balocco SE from the factory being its got the holes in the rear quarters stamped for emblems..the clover leaf holes in the rear air vents..black seats with red pipeing red carpet...and the black out chapangnolo's that someone repainted silver LOL..all in all ive fallen in love with the car and its cornering ability

any and all tuneup specs diagrams and such pertaining to this 83 gtv6 would be quite helpfull..as far as overall condition its not bad int is pretty clean and seat in fair shape the only rust out is a small case behind the passenger shock tower wich i read is common..nothing i can fix with my fabrication skills looks to have been painted 3 times red

i drilled and rewelded the front bumper impact shocks to french the bumper back into the body a bit as it looked like it was hanging out there..realy its the only mod ive done to the car....yet
Attachments
Pictures0079.jpg
Pictures0079.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 5381 times
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Looks sharp. Keep this one out of the ebay parts bin!
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Really good looking one. I love the color - the one and only for alfa :wink:
Billy
Gold
Gold

Post by Billy »

You know what ?
Someone told that the red GTV6 are faster than the other ones.

I'm sure shOrtlife will agree with this !

Welcome and best regards.

Billy
Long live to snakes on wheels !
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

heres the front bumper treatment somone asked about...the white looking mark on the bumper is the rubbings of the old plastic filler panel

im considering doing the same treatment to the rear..but will require that i shorten the exit pipe a bit...not realy an issue for an angle grinder sawzall and welder...

i had did away with the front bumper for a day or two but didnt like the gaps without it...nothing some minor fabricating of patches couldnt make look clean
Attachments
1Picture 323.jpg
1Picture 323.jpg (79.96 KiB) Viewed 5184 times
1Picture 324.jpg
1Picture 324.jpg (80.8 KiB) Viewed 5183 times
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

such a nice car
Take good care of her :P