Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Julian- Taking an extended Leave of Absence

Post by SydneyJules »

Well guys, my big move happens on Monday, so I will be absent from the forums for a while- lack of internet connection will certainly help me study good and proper!!!

Keeping the six, as she is a freeway demolition machine, even with the 4.3:1! Love it...

I guess in the worst case scenario, I will sell it if I have to... but I would prefer to reap the benefits of what I have sown.... never easy if you dont have the cashflow!

julianbrattoni@hotmail.com- please gimme a yell there to LMK of any news- especially BOOST related!

Hehehe

Speak soon

J
Fixing it bit by bit....
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Jules,

Where the heck are you going mate?
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Hey Z!

I am currently in Coffs Harbour, North fo Sydney, staying at a back packers place with my GF while awaiting confirmation of a unit on the beach hehehe!

GTV has a hole in the exhaust from being loaded up to the brim (took back seats out) with clothes and CRAP!!!!

Start flying next weekend!

Until next time- happy Alfa-ing all!
Fixing it bit by bit....
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Good luck with flying Julian. It's a tough carrer but worth it.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Hi Julian, hmmmm should have PPL by now and doing nav ex's towards CPL........hows it going, how many hours you got and what you planning to do when u got your CPL :D Darwin or Kununurra maybe......
Gregs right, this must be the only career where you finish all your qualifications and "aren't" employable because you don't have enough hours/experience......but once you get a start its well worth it
Good luck
Matt
Dash 8 F/O
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Hey, good to see a fellow alfisti and pilot!! Didn't realize you were flying Dash 8's Matt, what company do you work at? I fly 737-200's here in south america
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Hi Fedezyl, l'm working for Qantaslink out of Sydney, they operate Dash 8 -100,-200 and 300's with 7 Q400's on order. We go all over the east coast with Lord Howe Island & Mt Hotham(Ski fields) being the more interesting ports. Before this i worked out of Darwin as a Beech 1900D Capt' going to and from East Timor for NZ and Singaporean defence forces( UN peacekeeping) when all that crap was going down up there, the BE1900D was great but alas i haven't got any jet time yet, whats the 737 like and i'd imagine some pretty demanding airports/mountain ranges over there, in Oz the highest LSALT is 8700'.........lol :D
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Hey Matt! i've been flying the 737 for a year now, what a joy to fly really, the handling is awesome, it doesn't have a fast cruise for a jet, mostly M.73-74, but for 2 hour trips it's great! I live in Montevideo, Uruguay, that's where my company is from, Pluna, we fly to Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba and Porto Alegre, as well as Santiago de Chile and Buenos Aires with this airplane, flying over the Andes is awesome, but we only go from time to time since they mostly do this route with the 767 or 757 because they transport a lot of freight. We are now flying to Cuba from Caracas, Venezuela, they made an agreement with the Venezuelan governement, and we are flying people over to Cuba to get surgery, pretty interesting, weather wise and there are some airports that have interesting approaches, specially to Santiago de Cuba, they have an offset localizer of 3º due to mountains next to the approach. I might not be long in the 737-200, they are talking about bringing another 767 to fly to Milan and Frankfurt, if that happens i'll probably jump to the 767, how long have you been flying for Quantaslink??
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Hi fedezyl, i've been on the Dash8 a year now too, 767 sounds great, especially trips to milan, i bet plently of alfa parts will be comming back with ya :D Those trips to East Timor where great because we would fly 3 times a week out of Darwin at 7am and be back by 11am, the company only had an international air operators certificate out of oz (it was a newzealand company) so we knew there was close to no chance of being called out at other times...... ahh the afternoon rounds of golf and duty free......but that all changed 6 months later after they got an australian a.o.c and we flew our buts off doing charter all over oz, in 3 years they've gone from 1 1900 and riems f406 to 5 1900's!, 3 here and 2 in NZ. The aviation industry has started to slow a little after a boom here, q*ntaslink was loosing 1 pilot every 6 days at one stage! but its slowed down now, a few guys waiting to hear back on CX so its good there's progression, sounds like plenty going on in south america too, theres even a new airline Ozjet starting here with 737-200's targeting the business sector
all the best
Matt
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

Matt & Fedezyl,

You guys need to lean on your business managers now and sweet talk them into something new and fancy. I'm working on Boeing's 787 which will see first flight in the later part of 2007. It'll have carbon composit fuselage and wings and be approximately 20% more fuel efficient than a 767 it replaces.
I work high lift (slats & flaps) testing and am exercising the logic control laws now and will be substituting in real equipment later at a test lab.

Merril
(No CF parts on my GTV6 ;-)
82 GTV6 3.0
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Yes, but will it outrun the 727?
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

heheh, flying has been a bit slow here, the company just came out of 10 years of management by Varig...mostly bad management really so we have some big restructuring, the company is small but we've been flying for 68 years, about management, Varig has a debt, mostly with the brazilian government of about 1500 million dollars....so you can imagine us.., if all comes out right with the venezuelans we should have some 737 300's and 767 to cover those routes, and you bet if I go to Milan or even Madrid that we are flying now i'm bringing lots of parts for my alfa! Thinking about an RS suspension right now..plus some cams, definetely lots of stuff will be coming back with me, plus I have a 1971 Giulia too with a 1.6 engine so I need parts for that too...
About those 787's, i'd love to get them, but sadly i'm not in charge of the numbers...I see a 777 being more feasable in 10 years than a 787 really...
A friend of mine, a captain, he used to fly 727's when the company had some, he told me that they climbed like crap but cruised at M.82 easely and maxed out at around M.89...now that's fast for a 1960's airliner, even by today standards!!
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Geez 787 need to work for Air NZ for that, ATR use alot of composites....... as for the Dash.....-400's are the future here, 360kts is up there for a turboprop, but M.89 727! now they just don't build them like they used to 8)

Now where's Julian, here's an old photo of my first job flying Cessna 210 in Halls Creek WA(hells crack) office is behind the car, which was progresively destoyed over 3 nights and then torched :D
wild west hehehe
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

heheheh, very nice pics! Got to love bush flying, it's been ages since I flew a Cessna...I was going to go flying but my friend's 182 got damaged when his hangar's roof fell over it in a big storm about a month ago... Yesterday we had quite a busy schedule, 13 service hours and 8 hours of flying, went all over really, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Porto Alegre and Buenos Aires...looong day, it's been a while since I had one of those days, on tuesday i'm leaving for Venezuela again to fly to Cuba, I have some pictures, i'll post them later on
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Excellent!