Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Helloo from Serbia! (My 24v conversion)

Post by killaz »

Hello from country with strong Alfisti heart :D

Few words about me;
Model name: Lazar
Brand name: Bosancic
Production year: 1977

One of the founders of AR Club Serbia... Until recent time I was owner of one beautiful AR 155 which I sold (don't worry, new owner is also addicted).

And now, new girl came to my garage, Alfa 75 3.0 America which will need some additional care to be what she deserves to be. We found it in some village, waiting for true Alfisti...

That's all for now, 'till next typing/reading...

Laki
Last edited by killaz on Thu May 29, 2008 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Welcome Laki! :D

Looks like you did make a great find...hopefully the engine and trans are as good as the body!

Was that 155 a turbo?
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Thank you!
I bought it few days ago, it runs nice and goes better than I expected (engine and gearbox). It needs full service and inspection since car was standing still for a year and half...

155 wasn't turbo, it was 1.8 16v - one of last produced, before 156...

kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Welcome to a great site !
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Thank You and yes, I was reading it last two months!
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Few updates from November. Engine and gearbox removed, car will be transfered to tinsmith since there are some weak spots under car...

Meanwhile I'm looking in options either to buy 24v 3.0 or to bolt turbo charger on 3.0 12v.

Still there are lot of things to do; shorter gearbox 10/43 will be packed into v6 housing, plus lots of bits are ordered like new (std) brakes, pads, bushings etc...
Attachments
Transaxle dole.jpg
Transaxle dole.jpg (73.44 KiB) Viewed 13606 times
Motor ide.jpg
Motor ide.jpg (68.07 KiB) Viewed 13609 times
Motor gornji deo slobodan.jpg
Motor gornji deo slobodan.jpg (121.12 KiB) Viewed 13617 times
Felna Atype.jpg
Felna Atype.jpg (84.47 KiB) Viewed 13617 times
oprugevj6.jpg
oprugevj6.jpg (90.06 KiB) Viewed 13622 times
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

As time goes, things are getting done...

"New" steering, actually old but repainted...

I'm a bit of DIY guy; I've designed straight thru "silencer" after reading lots of patents and inventions. Design of inner pipes kills long amplitudes (low sounds), but screams on high - we tried it on another V6 (AR155 2.5) and expectations are beautifull sound with 24v. Interesting thing is that silencer doesn't contain any dumping material inside... :)

Some stylish touch on rear lights:

Image Image

Beast is bought and soon, it will shine with it's full power: 24v (AR164S)

Lots of work regarding to almost destroyed wheels (16' 7.5J ET 30), sanding to the metal, filling, sanding, painting...

New parts arrived also...

Now we can proceed with mecanic works... Untill next update, brgs to all from Belgrade.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

killaz,

Can you explain more about the muffler's internal design? I'm looking for a muffler which doesn't have the typical deep bass (low freq.). Looking for a screamer.
Dr. Alban
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

Zamani wrote:killaz,

Can you explain more about the muffler's internal design? I'm looking for a muffler which doesn't have the typical deep bass (low freq.). Looking for a screamer.
yes i second that..i to am a DIY and love building what i can from scratch

details man details!!!!! :shock:
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

I'm not alone, I'm not alone! :lol:
Ok, plans are in my garage and I'll pm you probably for weekend. Meanwhile if you want to explore, check out these two patents.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5952625.pdf
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7281605.pdf

I've designed my muffler with great help from these articles (you have to register to see these documents - it is free and you can login instantly). My muffler is a bit simplier design comparing to them, but building is simple and sound is reward. Just to note, maybe you won't like what you hear (I've been in car audio for some time) and lot's of people have different ears, tastes etc... :)

Anyway, if you guys want to wait and hear it - in about week, friend will convert his muffler to my design and we will record it... ;)

One more tip; first patent is very similar (if not identical) design to "corsa performance" exhausts. Search for their sound of reflective mufflers and you'll hear what I mean. ;)
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

love to hear it in action

first pdf makes sense and seems simple enuf to build

the second one...looks like a tweeked glass pack
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

While you are there, first focus on amplitudes and resonation for different types of chambers and perforation. Second, pay atention at Helmholz resonator and you will have guidelines for similar or equal design.

I suppose that first project is true bingo, but I wanted to try all these things with a bit simplier design so I could see results without spending to much time.

When I finish my car, I will probably build & try first model too.
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Update;

Car is finally in garage...

First I've changed every rubber part that I could find on rear suspension and gearbox. Then, Eibach springs came in, since transaxle and engine arent present, I still cannot get impression how much they actually lowered car..? I suppose that at the end, we will need to cut 2/3 of circle.

Image Image

Also, I decided to change "America" model bumpers with regular from Twin Spark model since they are lighter about 70%!

I had second toughts for 3.0 24v (costs would be pretty high), so I've found one engine from AR 164 and it is 2.0 V6 Turbo. This might be unique conversion - haven't saw any 75 V6 2.0 TB. :lol:

Still lot of work to do, but weather is getting better and mood also. :)
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

hello lazar,
congratulations with your 75!it looks great.
the 2,0 V6 turbo is realy a great engine.
i had a 164 turbo and i went like crazy....even if you didn't want it to :roll:
but succes doing the restauration
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Thx rz, I owe you some updates... :D

Image Image Image

195/45 16' on 7.5 inch A-Type

8)

Car is lowered for one tooth, but on picture is without engine, gearbox and transmission. I've changed my mind (again) regarding to engine :oops: so, I've started preparation of 24v. V6 TB was in pretty bad condition. :( He might be of use for some future project... :)

So, here is new star... (Don't pay attention on injectors, there will be Bosch 701)

Battery goes to trunk:

75 washed after anti rust treatment (lots of, lots of grinding), engine compartment matted and ready to paint...

I've stuck on few things like; which kind of plenum to prepare, flywheel bolts (too short) and minor mods on oil pump cog... But I'm working on it. :D