Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Turin
Silver
Silver

I went and did it!

Post by Turin »

I'm the proud new owner of a 1982 Balocco with 70,000 original miles. The fellow I bought it from is a fellow Guzzi enthusiast. Title is in my hands, and the paper trail from the original owners. Now I'm just working on the delivery details. The clutch supposedly sticks, and she needs new driveshaft donuts, and probably a few other things. But hell, the price was right and no rust!Image
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Looks nice.
When is the engine going in? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Turin
Silver
Silver

Post by Turin »

These things came with engines? :shock: :shock: :shock:
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Alfettish wrote:Looks nice.
When is the engine going in? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Nice one Turin, you'll need to do something with the ride height at the front end :wink:
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

very nice...not so sure i like the red paint on the wheels :roll:

so what # is it?
Turin
Silver
Silver

Post by Turin »

She's #297. The red on the wheels is the first thing to go... Glossy black for the wheels instead. I don't think you can powdercoat magnesium... The metal might anneal. Please correct me if i'm wrong. The ride height will be fixed. :D Nice thing is that other than the red lower bodywork, she has never been messed with.
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

I have Benzoni/BWA GTV6 wheels (same style as the Campagnolo, just heavier :( ) that are powdercoated black, so don't see why it wouldn't work for you also.
Attachments
gtv6mpb20723.jpg
gtv6mpb20723.jpg (114.01 KiB) Viewed 8436 times
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

i love my 13lb campy's :lol: ..ill have to look into finding out if they can be powdered or not...i asumed they could..and dont realy see why not.

arnt all ballocco's suposed to be black lowwer halved?...mind you im by no means a purist..just curious as i own a "leftover" 83 with all the normal ballocco stuff except the glovebox and emblems
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

We cant powder coat those rims here. I would restore(spray) them to origional colour or maybe slighlty metallic spray close to the origional.Check the colour on these(inner) but note thse are different rims(wider with polished dishes).
Attachments
IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2392.JPG (50.59 KiB) Viewed 8395 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Gees,I need to come pick those up..... :? :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

I just had my campags powder coated last year - it worked out great.

http://www.alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=15

I asked the guy ahead a time about powder coating mag wheels and he said it was a non-issue with their process. I would just look up some powder coaters in your area and ask them about it. Cost me about $50 a wheel.
G
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

im actualy talking to a polisher friend to see about haveing them polished...idealy id LOVE to have em polished and then clear powdered or black/silver center with polished edge

good to know they can take a powder....thems damn nice lookin wheels
Turin
Silver
Silver

Post by Turin »

The prev owner removed the black "hockey stripe", and painted the lower plastic body color at his wifes request. While he was at it he put some red on the wheels. Blech :| I've had Marchesinis powder coated before, but it had to be at a lower temp, so there wasn't any weakening of the metal. The trade off was a slight orange peel texture... not so noticable on a sportbike.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Barry,

If ever you want to sell Kevin's old wheels :) :)

Cheers
Turin
Silver
Silver

Re: I went and did it!

Post by Turin »

Update :D She's on the road !!! This old gal had done a lot of sitting. When was the last time anyone saw a pirrelli timing belt? All the rubber under the hood is new or silicone (thank you greg gordon). The previous owner mentioned a driveshaft vibration... think this was the culprit? Image