Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Mericet
Gold
Gold

I guess introductions are in order...

Post by Mericet »

After lurking for a few weeks and since I just paid a deposit on a 1985 GTV6 I should introduce myself and the car.

First the car: The picture was taken before the current owner bought the car. He has not done much to it and yes, the yellow stripes will go. There is some rust on it, but it does not seem too bad. The car is in Florida at the moment and it should take me a week or so to figure out how to get it here in Ohio.

Now for me: Another ex-pat South African (we certainly get around these days) that moved here in 1997. I used to be a marshal at Kyalami and also flagged turn1 at Swartkops very often. So I have seen some of the SA racing cars in action. I am also a member of the SCCA and participate in autocross events where I was a nominee fro novice of the year in my first season (last year). So far I have been co-driving other cars and will do that until I am happy the GTV will be usable.
MD
Verde
Verde

Introduce yourself

Post by MD »

Welcome to the site and all that poobah but what you didn't say in your into was whether you can play Cricket? :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

Well, not only can I play cricket but I also found a fairly healthy league here in the US. Not too visible though. I was going to play 2 seasons ago but pulled a back muscle a week before the first game. Funny enough, our team had Indian, Pakistani, West India, South African and American players. Most pitches here is a concrete slab with a practice mat on top. Mid pace bowlers are fast bowlers on these.

I have since started autocrossing and am not missing the cricket. Well, except watching limited over games of course!
hutchensgd
Gold
Gold

Post by hutchensgd »

I actually like the stripes, well, on your car that is.

And when I lived in India I gained an appreciation for cricket. I can not say that I acquired any skill in hitting the ball, but I like the game.

Best wishes,

Glenn
Glenn