Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Grdi
Silver
Silver

Re: AR75 hillclimb

Post by Grdi »

MD wrote:
I think Giulietta EVO2 said the ring and pinion apparently is shite.
I use more HP and torque than your 3 litre 24V with a 4.56 differential on the track and there are no issues other than a big grin... :D

so you are using 9/41 (1.6) for what, track? what kind of track is that, karting? :)

I was using last year 1.6 but it was too short for the track, this year 10/41 (2.0TS) but as you can see on YT videos toooo long, but good for track 8)

9/41 (1.6) gearbox is not so short as I was expecting :(

Bacci diff is something I need :twisted:
http://www.bacciromano.com/?p=prodotti& ... =101&mar=3
lower gear full throttle
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Don't waste your money. The Bacci diff is exactly like the Alfa part in TS/Turbo/3liter cars. The ONLY difference is the two spring washers (AE13/05) which you can also buy separately. All these do is give a more permanent preload as friction discs wear. You can buy these and put them in any Alfa LSD.
What is worth its price is the short gearset -if you are rich. If you are not, you can transfer 3rd/4th gears from an Alfetta box to the TS/Turbo box for excellent 2/3/4 shifts -next best thing to a race box!
Jim K.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Yup, Larry Jr. built one for me using those gears that JK mentioned. Not bad. He was also thinking of replacing bushing for roller bearings on some of the gears.

Actually we shoudl think about replacing reverse for 6th. Reverse should be replaced by an electric motor. So we can call our cars hybrid!!! But only for going backwards :lol:
Grdi
Silver
Silver

Post by Grdi »

Jim K wrote:Don't waste your money. The Bacci diff is exactly like the Alfa part in TS/Turbo/3liter cars. The ONLY difference is the two spring washers (AE13/05) which you can also buy separately. All these do is give a more permanent preload as friction discs wear. You can buy these and put them in any Alfa LSD.
What is worth its price is the short gearset -if you are rich. If you are not, you can transfer 3rd/4th gears from an Alfetta box to the TS/Turbo box for excellent 2/3/4 shifts -next best thing to a race box!
Jim K.
I was refering dog box solution.
Hillclimb is very popular motorsport in this part of the Europe and you can find Bacci and Sadev solutions (2nd hand) for fair price, you don't have to be rich, as you wrote :wink:
Anyway it's well known that gearbox is usually the most expensive part of the hillclimb car...engine is not the issue to prepare.
Top speed has to be around 180-185km/h max, I'm now with 4th gear at the 190km/h

However AR75 is not the right car for serious hillclimb competition (very heavy) unless you really invest serious money...that's in not my aim.
For required amount I can get decent Radical SR3 ready for hillclimb :wink:
lower gear full throttle
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I was just looking at the pics of your LS on page two . I see the your ramp angles are standard at 45 degrees for load and coast . For hill climbs is it not better to recut new angles ( rotate ring into new place) at 30 degree load and 70 for coast . At least coming into tight hairpins you won't get excessive induced understeer . Once you cut new angles you have to get it case hardened or if you rich get gripper to make up a unit like they did for me with my own custom angles . It was awesome for the track .
Ps no point in buying a radical to go faster as their is always something faster . Much better to enjoy the sounds , looks and driving experience of these Alfas . You see more people coming to look at the Alfas than looking at the modern stuff .
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

Grdi..... U say "2nd hand Bacci for reasonable price".... What is reasonable price?
Grdi
Silver
Silver

Post by Grdi »

kevin wrote:I was just looking at the pics of your LS on page two . I see the your ramp angles are standard at 45 degrees for load and coast . For hill climbs is it not better to recut new angles ( rotate ring into new place) at 30 degree load and 70 for coast . At least coming into tight hairpins you won't get excessive induced understeer . Once you cut new angles you have to get it case hardened or if you rich get gripper to make up a unit like they did for me with my own custom angles . It was awesome for the track .
Ps no point in buying a radical to go faster as their is always something faster . Much better to enjoy the sounds , looks and driving experience of these Alfas . You see more people coming to look at the Alfas than looking at the modern stuff .
Could be, anyway I know from practice thing is working pretty well on hillclimb and race track too.
Faster and faster is not the issue, Radical SR3 is something I think about last 3y but no time for this since was traveling much due to business need, now could be the time.
lower gear full throttle
Grdi
Silver
Silver

Post by Grdi »

Joemart wrote:Grdi..... U say "2nd hand Bacci for reasonable price".... What is reasonable price?
still under negotiations :wink:

1000€ to 2000€, depending on condition
lower gear full throttle
Grdi
Silver
Silver

Post by Grdi »

btw Alfa is on sale, 7000€

http://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Detail ... a-romeo-75

Car located in Croatia, serious buyers can test the car at the race track Grobnik, Rijeka.
lower gear full throttle
Grdi
Silver
Silver

Post by Grdi »

Sold to Berlin, Germany.

you can lock the topic!
lower gear full throttle