Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Yendig
Silver
Silver

Re: Greetings Alfisti! Introducing me & my 1985 GTV6 project

Post by Yendig »

kevin wrote:Yendig, I saw your car in the ''flesh'' today . That paintwork is exceptional and colour is even better in natural light

You've actually seen her recently :?: :shock:

I last saw her a couple of months ago and she was progressing very nicely.... :mrgreen: Since her re-paint, I still haven't seen her under anything other than artificial light, though :(

Thank you for your compliments, Kevin :oops: However, I can take no credit for the colour scheme as that honour belongs to my wife. Totally agree with you re. Alex & co's work, though; they're doing some excellent work down there 8)

Have a safe trip back home, my friend!

I going down to see Allegra at the end of next week; I'll upload further pictures upon my return....
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Yendig, was thinking Alex should have a B&B when the Goodwood Festival comes around ,so us tourists from ass end of the world could visit his workshop, drool over the cars then work ourselves over to Goodwood. My comment on natural light was meaining not my computer light but the covers were off. Brake conversion is impressive. Its going to be a real blast to drive.
Yendig
Silver
Silver

Post by Yendig »

I'll have a chat with him re. B & B! Sounds like an excellent idea :) You'll have to fight off us Northerners to stop us getting the best rooms first, though :lol:

Re. the colour / lighting: my bad :? I was getting quite jealous :P

Where else did you visit during your stay?
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I did go and see Adie as well at AH. That 33 , bored out to 2.0L with supercharger will run rings around most cars. Hes just fitted a sequential box but not tested yet. Again highest quaility work with attention to detail.
Off to Rome saturday then will make way to Milan and visit the Alfa Museum before it closes as the rumour goes - its closing.
Wish I could pack those compomotives to take back to SA. Off to Nottinghill now for chow.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Kev & Yendig,

I'm interested in going to Goodwood FoS, but not in 2012 as I want to avoid the olympic crowd. Maybe 2013. Would be good to know where is a good place to stay and pay Alex Jupe's shop a visit.

In 2009 I wanted to drive to EMC in south London (I think he was close to Croydon) but got sidetracked. Wanted to see the CF stuff he offered for the 75. No need for that now as my EVO bumper is on the way from Lester and CF hood I bought from JJ.

I may go to UK this year or early next year to look for a GT 3.2 for me dad.

BTW is the AHM 33 the black one? In NA form it was already a monster right, 280 bhp from the 2.0L?
Dr. Alban
Yendig
Silver
Silver

Post by Yendig »

I've not met Adie yet, however Alex rates his work.

Sounds like you've arranged a good little European tour there 8) I wasn't aware the Alfa museum may close :cry:; must pay a visit with Allegra before it's too late.

Enjoy Notting Hill!
Yendig
Silver
Silver

Post by Yendig »

[quote="Zamani"]Kev & Yendig,

I'm interested in going to Goodwood FoS, but not in 2012 as I want to avoid the olympic crowd. Maybe 2013. Would be good to know where is a good place to stay and pay Alex Jupe's shop a visit.quote]

Let me know closer to the time and I'll research hotels for you. There are several quite close by (within 20 mins of the FoS); these tend to get booked up really early though, so if you can confirm your 2013 visit by, say, December 2012 you should be able get into one of these. We can meet up, grab a beer and talk Alfas....and, I suppose, about other stuff :D
arguti
Silver
Silver

Post by arguti »

Kevin

Glad to hear that you made it down to Alex Jupe's place.

Here's something he did for me earlier. no prizes for guessing what the car it is though!!

He is currently doing up a GT Junior Stepfront for me with lots of Alfaholics goodies on it!!

Stephen

Before

After

Yendig
Silver
Silver

Post by Yendig »

arguti wrote:He is currently doing up a GT Junior Stepfront for me with lots of Alfaholics goodies on it!!

Stephen, is it your GT that's stripped down next to my '6 in Alex's new place? I was there last Saturday and saw her in all her naked glory :D

Looks like she'll be a monster project - good luck!

I took a load more photos of Allegra while I was at Alex's, but have decided not to post any more until she's finally ready :mrgreen: :P
arguti
Silver
Silver

Post by arguti »

My GT is the metallic grey one - I presume that is the one that is there...

I saw your car a few months ago when I was down at Alex's place last - I see you are in Warwickshire, I am in Worcs, maybe we should go together next time as the only downside of having cars at Alex's is the distance to get there!

Speak soon.
Yendig
Silver
Silver

Post by Yendig »

arguti wrote:maybe we should go together next time

Great idea! I'll probably be re-visiting in a couple of weeks; I'll let you know closer to the time when exactly.

Cheers.

Paul
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Stephen , that 3.0 L is excellent condition. I took mine out for a run yesterday . What great sounding car with low end grunt to drive. As I have not driven it in ages I had a fuel leak on one of the carb banjo fittings. Rule in these cars is if you ever smell petrol trust your instinct and have a look while motor is running as I hate leaving pump running with engine off with those carbs.
Everyone is now hunting down these cars(3.0l) now in SA but only for good ones so hang on to it.
I did see our step nose and its again another brilliant job by Alex. How about some more detailed pics of thr GTV. I have just had the bonnet grilles on the fiberglass bonnet remade by the chap who did them originally as they were often stolen off cars.
Yendig
Silver
Silver

Post by Yendig »

Sooooo.........

Many, many, many months after my last post & I've got a request - please can somebody tell me how to change my signature at the bottom of this post?!

Yes, you've already guessed correctly. Allegra's refurbishment wasn't ready in Sping 2011 & is currently on track to be completed Spring 2013 instead.

A few more pictures to show there has been some progress over the past few months... :P

Enjoy!
Attachments
600x450 (83).jpg
600x450 (83).jpg (62.77 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
600x450 (80).jpg
600x450 (80).jpg (99.78 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
600x450 (38).jpg
600x450 (38).jpg (130.04 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
600x450 (23).jpg
600x450 (23).jpg (120.4 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
600x450 (11).jpg
600x450 (11).jpg (109.82 KiB) Viewed 8779 times
dawie botha
Silver
Silver

Post by dawie botha »

will happily donate my nuts for my 3ltre to look like that ! Maybe start playing Lotto so i can send my car over
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

MATE!!! this looks awesome... !
Fixing it bit by bit....