Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
mtr005
Silver
Silver

hey from sydney

Post by mtr005 »

Hi everyone,
My name is Tim and I'm 26 currently living near the blue mountains in nsw.
I have had a few alfa's but have currently got a white 85 GTV6. It is fairly stock but the body is in really good condition which was the main thing I was looking for when I bought it.
I have a bunch of parts to fit to it that will hopefully start going in by the end of the year including a 3.0 24v and a 75 lsd gbox.
I'm currently on deployment with the RAAF so have been kept sane by getting info and ideas from here on which direction I want to take the car. Iv'e also been building a msquirt which keeps me busy in my spare time and am getting excited at the prospect of being able to buy the new Jim K v6 manual which should be out soon.
I don't have any decent photos here but will upload a bunch when I get back to oz.
This site seems to have a lot of really good information and people with alot of experience so I am looking forward to getting more involved soon
Cheers
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: hey from sydney

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Hello Tim,

welcome here!

You've come to the right place with those plans for your GTV. :P

pics are always more then welcome. :mrgreen:

Greetings from a sunny Holland,
Remco
Drive it like you stole it...
John in Albq
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Albq »

A great place to drive your new GTV6 around the Blue Mountains. I used to go up there from Sydney when I was in Oz. Is the Paragon Cafe still going?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Welcome Tim to the heartland of transaxle Alfas. You will find this Forum helpful and the majority of contributors sane and friendly. As for myself, the twice weekly visits to my Shrink seem to be working out well for him. :D

Given that you are in the Air Force, good to see you are heading for a great machine that you can do some low flying with...there are more than a few fly boys that live here.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
mtr005
Silver
Silver

Post by mtr005 »

thanks for the welcomes,
John: yeah the roads are awesome around there but regretfully i havent taken the gtv around them yet. I went through a bit of an audi phase :wall: which i'm glad to say I have come through the other side of, but all of this is going to change when I get home. I'm not sure about the paragon.
MD: hopefully when I get it set up properly it should be a great little weapon but at the moment the only thing in common with the aircraft I work on is the amazing ability for the electricals to sht themselves without any warning :lol:
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Welcome! What aircraft are you working on!? I'm a pilot... There are a few of us here!
Fixing it bit by bit....
mtr005
Silver
Silver

Post by mtr005 »

Hi, I work on the C130H and J's, but am posted to work on the super hornets at the end of the year. Are you in the military or do u fly civilian?
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Lovely, i'd love to get my hands on a Super Hornet! :D :D
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

mtr005
Silver
Silver

Post by mtr005 »

I must be missing something? Why is that? I have wheels like that on my car at the moment
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Hey MTR- I'm a civve with V Australia, Virgin's international upstart-
I'd love to steer a Herc!
Dot Foot up a valley at 250kts+ sounds like great fun!
Then again, Dot Foot @ 400+ in an -18E would be more my thing :)

That's why I'm fixing up the Alfa! hahaha
Fixing it bit by bit....
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

translation for the unqualified?
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Dot foot, as in 0' altitude, or so low and fast it may as well be! Those herc guys get to so some fun flying in something that big!
The hornet guys- self eplicatory! They have the coolest toys but don't get to play with them as often!
Fixing it bit by bit....
mtr005
Silver
Silver

Post by mtr005 »

yeah seen some awesome stuff and been to some wild places but after a while u get well sick of tac flying in the back of one of them. flying it would be a different story though. never been in a fast jet though. hope that will change when i change sqn