Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Re: My rebuild!

Post by SydneyJules »

Thanks Z! The plan is to do a modded ddion down the track- with camber and colocated spring perch/shock mount, maybe outboard brakes...
The 156 wheels have crap offset and I've got some peformatek spacers for them. The Milanos (if I haven't been ripped off and they actually do show up) are meant to be 35et and won't have spacers for the street
Fixing it bit by bit....
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey big jules.

Before you install the globe cards into the lenses, spray paint the reflectors with bright silver. Your lights will be bright like new.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Been a very busy boy at work!

The car has had a few things done and a few issues found with it:

Rear bearings both shot so replaced when the hubs were changed.
Longer wheel studs used in case I decide to go with cambered dedion and spacers down the track
RS stuff fit to rear

Gearbox mounts gone- being replaced
Ball joints for 105 castor rods gone- can anyone tell me where I can get replacements?
LCA ball joints gone
Front right rack end gone- being replaced

The exhaust is being re-made in stainless from the extractors back, and re-routed

Unfortunately, the RS watts link doesn't have a kink in it to allow the exhaust to pass over the top of the left hand side, so Hugh will fab a section and use their heim joints etc

Lights with relays and crystal vision bulbs wired in
Wipers now work lol

And the piece' de resistance, the car is sitting on its new 17" Zender Milanos!
The wheels have had the centrebore machined out to fit the 116 hub, and with the +35 et, fill out the guards nicely!
They really suit the Zender kit, too!
Pics to come!

Ordering some PACE knuckle risers to mod front roll centre.

Front end work will be complete once the T bars are out and LCAs hanging- ball joints and RS stuff.

Running out of cash (living in two cities is expensive!) so interior still not done...

Just want to drive it! Hahaha patience Julian, patience!
Fixing it bit by bit....
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Aaa flying job not giving you a break! you're flying domestic routes right? I'm closer to you folks now, flying for Garuda here in Indonesia, i'm at Jakarta at the moment but will be based in Medan, north Sumatra. I'll probably go for a visit to north Australia sometime this year, it would be cool to meet some of you folks!

And I understand the anxiety to drive, my V6 Giulie just popped into life today, but i'm 15000km's away, so no driving her until end of june....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Had a big reply but it got lost....

Fedezyl- Can you get down to Sydney? Greg Gordon was saying he stays down the road from me- we should get an Alfisti/Pilot beer evening happening!!!!
You mustn't be too far off driving the Giulie now!?

Ok, as it stands:

LCA balljoint and castor rod balljoints (105 style) have arrived with PACE knuckle risers, so the front RS stuff will go on soon-

Looking for info regarding UCA clearance.... anyone had any issues?
Rear RS stuff is on.... except the Watts Link. I'll worry about that later
Vitaloni Tornado mirrors will need a billet piece made up to mount them properly.
Mufflers and bends arrived so the exhaust will be made soon. Hugh does an amazing job with his exhausts, and my old mild steel one was giving up the ghost... the stainless will be interesting!

Have some spacers to push the Zenders out at the rear- the +35ET is still not enough to fill out the guards.

The seat rails are still giving me hell!

Sorted out a better mounting of the battery box in the boot.

My brisbane basing ends in about 3 weeks so I will be around the car for long enough to actually get some stuff done.

You
Attachments
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG (237.43 KiB) Viewed 7289 times
Fixing it bit by bit....
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Car is looking awesome . Nice wheels . Their is no problem on uca clearance when car is standing but when on lift it might catch on RS shock but that's not a problem . The RS kit is still the best bolt on kit you can buy today .
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Hey Jules! Getting down to sydney is always a possibility, i'm on a 90 days on, 18 days off contract so maybe I can plan a little vacation to Australia on those 18 days off! Your car is looking gorgeous mate! The Giulie is finally up and running, my friend and mechanic sent me a couple of videos through whatsapp, first run after 8 years since I started the project, it sounds great, they are mapping the megasquirt a little bit, getting the brakes and clutch sorted and getting rid of a noise in the propshaft (it doesn't vibrate so probably something rubbing on it). I'm going back to Uruguay on june the 23d and plan to finally be able to drive it, see how it goes!

Cheers!
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Hope you got to drive her, Fed! Let us know!

I've been very slack with updating. Ill spend some time posting pictures early next week, but this is where it stands-

Suspension together with RS fronts in now as well, PACE knuckle risers in as well-as Kevin said, no UCA issues, but a tight fit.
Unfortunately the RS watts link has no kink so Hugh will mod the LHS (from rear) to have a kink in it and use RS balljoints. This is a luxury mod... No hurry.

Cosmetically, I found some 10mm wide rubber strips and the locating screws on the Zender kit are now covered. The car is starting to look complete- still haven't got the vitaloni mirrors on, hoping to have something sorted early next week.

Carpet (2 piece) from Tru Fit is in and after a painstaking process cuttin holes in it for seat belt anchorage etc I've decided I'm still going to need to glue it down to the tunnel and sills. Just to shape the floor a little better.
Seats are nearly trimmed- hoping to have them in by next week.
Unfortunately the rails were too far gone and just wouldn't slide very well. I admitted defeat and got some cobra universal ones. Hugh, being the fabricator he is, fixed up a mount in no time- the photos will explain what I mean-they are awesome.

Exhaust nearly done - his collectors are soooooo much better than the old mild steel system.

Hoping to rebuild clutch master on Monday. Possibly have it ready for registration Monday week.
Fixing it bit by bit....
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

What a beaut mate! Hey you gotta have lighter rims, those are sh@t heavy. Those French GTV6s with 17x9 team dynamics pro race are pretty cool lookin' bro.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Beautiful! Jules, I got to drive her yeah, just a few blocks to the petrol station, it had an issue with the rear brakes, so braking wasn't very good, spend a little time refining the Megasquirt map, it's ok, but needs more maping specially for cold start, also the VR6 coil is useless so i'm using three coils from a fiat palio that everybody uses back in Uruguay with great success.
I'm going back in february but this time to enjoy it, my friend/mechanic told me it's almost done and they are going to show her in the next Alfa meeting on August 24. I'll post pictures when it's done!
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Brilliant Fedezyl- I can't wait to see her!

Evo, the Zenders are on street tyres- I've got some 156 17x7s for the track which will get semi slicks once I've had the centrebores machined out to alfetta diameter.

I had to get the Zenders- I just feel they are the ultimate Alfa wheel- although I could happily have some Work Meister rims on it ;)

Looking forward to modding the engine a bit more- really hoping to get some ITB setup going soonish- rims are way down the priority list!
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

pics
Attachments
billet piece to mount Vitalomi Baby Tornados
billet piece to mount Vitalomi Baby Tornados
IMG_3706.jpg (223.12 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
IMG_3711.JPG
IMG_3711.JPG (227.2 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
IMG_3712.JPG
IMG_3712.JPG (226.74 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG (221.01 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
IMG_3657.jpg
IMG_3657.jpg (221.37 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

pics
Attachments
new vs old collector
new vs old collector
IMG_3654.JPG (155.29 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
IMG_3703.jpg
IMG_3703.jpg (201.57 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
IMG_3704.jpg
IMG_3704.jpg (202.64 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
Fixing it bit by bit....
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

In the previous pics you can:

see the difference between the new and old collectors, and the exhaust system. Hugh even notched the rear crossmember to fit the exhaust nice and snug. I can't believe the amount of ground clearance I have now. Even with the car lowered.
The exhaust sounds deeper and much more nicely muffled. Haven't heard the car at 7.5-8k yet so I don't know how it sounds at full noise.

RS front suspension and PACE knuckle risers. Got a pic of the rear somewhere but macbook dying and I don't have charger handy so just typing!

The trimmer got loaded up with a few "full jobs" so couldn't take to my trim in time. I'm going for a Blue slip ASAP so I got the untouched interior off him and it's all been fitted. I'll take it to him at a later date to have the roof lining and seats re-trimmed, Pillars etc. All back to as close to factory as possible, in one go. Hopefully a few weeks.

There's a shot of the billet pieces Hugh made to mount the Vitaloni Baby Tornado mirrors. These look so close to the factory ones but now I have two. They are non power. Doesn't bother me.

Gave her a clean and had to take a shot while there was some light left.

Plates ordered. Hoping to be driving her shortly.... a few things still need fixing up!
Fixing it bit by bit....
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Looking good ! Exhaust guy did great job in merging both banks into the single pipe . Damn those rims are fine :P