Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Jeroen stelt zich voor. New pictures 21-06-2015

Post by GTV42.0 »

Hello.

I am Jeroen Nijmeijer and 116 rigisterleader in holland. A im 35 years old and this is my furst project that i do. Al off the bodywork has bin off the car and in the next link you can see the whole project. The other pics are from my red GTV6 and this is a low budget curcuit car that i ride with club events and sometimes for fun on the road.
When you look on the next link you came on the dutch 116 forum.
http://www.alfetta-transaxle.nl/forum/v ... =34&t=3075

first pic is end off 2008.
And the second how it is now.

Greets Jeroen
Last edited by GTV42.0 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Re: Jeroen stelt zich voor.

Post by scott.venables »

Welcome to the forum Jeroen. You have a great looking GTV6. Unfortunately I can't speak Dutch so I can only look at your photos. Would you mind posting in English?

Scott
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Welkom op onse forum . Kan u asseblief engels praat . Net die zuid Afrikaners wat verstaan . So you will have to translate into English so MD and Duk might have a clue :D
Why is it the Dutch are so crazy about Alfas .? Their must be DNA link somewhere
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Geez Kevin. That's a bit of a low blow mate !
I can eat in Dutch
I can sleep in Dutch
I can drive at Dutch speed
I even like hot Dutch chicks
and I took a picture of a windmill surrounded by daffodils once.

..so what's your problem ?

Hahaa. I don't know who is more crazy about Alfas between them hopeless cricket player Sarf Africanis or them weird smelling reefer smokin' clog merchants..haahhaa.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV42.0 »

Hello to you al. My englisch is not so good :oops: And sorry for the rong first post. I tocgt that the forum automatic translate.

In my fust post i told the story off mij two GTV6's cars. The red one i drive sometimes on the curcuit with club events and is is a low budget race car. The other is in restauration. All the welding is just done yesterday. This is the link to the project on the dutch116 forum.
http://www.alfetta-transaxle.nl/forum/v ... f=34&t=718
I show you all some pics of the car. I hope you al onderstand now a little bit more.

GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV42.0 »

And some more pics. Left en right side pics are almost the same and ferry rotten :evil:

GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV42.0 »

And more :lol: The last is from yesterday. I must now do some little things and than remove the car from all the paint en spray it in a epoxi praimer.

MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Jeroen,

Have you had a medical check up lately ?? If you did, get a second opinion. QUICK !! :D :D
THAT HAS TO RATE AS THE BIGGEST RUST REPAIR IN THE WORLD THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN !!

CONGRATULATION FOR AN UNBELIEVABLE PROJECT !!

Man, you are a genius with metal.

To keep it rust free, I recommend using this stuff which has been around since the second world war. It is the best anti-rust stuff on the planet. I have been using it for 30 years.

http://www.valvolineeurope.com/english/ ... nformation

BTW. You are right. Your English sucks but I can understand it -no problem. Keep it up. With a quality player like you, you are a great asset to the Forum and we want to hear more from you.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV42.0 »

Hello MD.

I like your posting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When a have more pics than i post them. I'ts a sheme that mij englisch is so verry bad :cry: Bud i can speak it verry well.
One off the producs i use is the product RX5 and RX10. We used it at a 75 from a friend off mine and afther 6 years is the car in a verry good condition.

In Holland are there three off these projects. And they do it like i do.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Welcome Jeroen!

Als ik iets moet vertalen laat het maar weten. :wink: Ik kom hier ook zo ongeveer elke dag wel. :mrgreen:

@MD;

unfortunately we do get rain here in Holland quite often. And in the winter we tend to get a few weeks of ice and snow also and then the roads get 'sprayed' with salt.

There are almost no Alfa's that are rustfree over here unless they were only used on dry warm days. Most of the Alfa transaxles tend to rust quite bad.. :cry:

Jeroen has done a great job on his car, simply starting on it and learning how to do it himself. He is not a welder or mechanic by trade so it was all new for him.

But there are even worse cars over here that get restored, on the Dutch alfetta-transaxle there are a few projects that show similar work and even more. Unfortunately you would need to be a member there to view. But if you choose to become a member you can always post in English as most of us Dutchmen also speak/write a bit of English. 8) And i'm always prepared to translate...
Drive it like you stole it...
festy
Silver
Silver

Post by festy »

Wow - very impressive work there!
Was there something special about this car that warranted all that effort, or are rust-free bodies hard to find up there?
[edit - I see that's already been answered...]
Your english is perfectly understandable, which is more than I can say about some of MD's posts ;)
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Bienvenue mon ami! Belle voiture!!!!!!
GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV42.0 »

Hello.

New pics off yerderday

And some pics with the spoilers taped on the car :mrgreen:
David
Gold
Gold

Post by David »

CONGRATULATIONS !!!
That would have to be the greatest rustoration project I have ever seen on any vehicle.
Most would not have bothered to even try to save it.
Keep up the great work!
David
1985 GTV6 3.0 Zender Body Kit - Red
GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV42.0 »

Thanks you all 8) Lots of old cars Alfa's in or country need some help against rust. And luts off 116's in Hollands are in restauration are need serios work.