Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Hello from relocation to UK with my two South African GTV6's

Post by kevin »

So after MD would not accept me into OZ ( just kidding) I have finally made it into UK :!:
One car is on ship and the other GTV 3.7 is in storage in SA . My current car now is a ford (rental)but looks like I will try get a 1.4 giulietta . Not sure if I should get the auto paddle shift or manual .
The ford at the moment has the stop start function which reminds me a bit of my old carb GTV when the revs dropped to low . :o
Was just thinking that these new starter motors and electrical contacts are gonna have to be so bullet proof as just one trip in the traffic this morn and the starter switched on just more than 25 times .
Last edited by kevin on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: Hello from relocation to UK

Post by Mats »

Welcome to the north...
You picked a hell of a time to move to Britain. :o :wink:

Where in the UK are you located?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Mats I'm staying in Esher which is in Surrey . It's a one minute walk to station and 25mins to central London. Probably look at the local Alfa racing calendar and see when's next race or club meet to at least get some motivation going .
Last edited by kevin on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yendig
Silver
Silver

Post by Yendig »

Welcome to the UK, Kevin! It's good to have you here :)

I don't know if you're a member of the Alfa Owner forum (http://www.alfaowner.com) but it has a number of regional divisions who organise regular meets, etc. You might want to give them a go - they'd be very happy to see your 3.0! They also have a specific area for Alfetta GTVs (http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/the-clas ... ister.html).

PM me if I can be of any help during your re-location upheaval.

I hope to see you at events in the future and that Allegra can play with your 3.0 when she's eventually ready and you car's here 8)

Paul

PS - I'm based about 20 miles outside Birmingham.
dawie botha
Silver
Silver

Post by dawie botha »

Kevin plse drop me a mail to dawie.botha@ymail.com so i can have your new mail,the one you gave me not working.opened the motor on my car and need some advice thx
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Dawie check your email . I still have your 3.0 bonnet grill and parcel tray . When folks are back from Oz you can fetch . What did you think of the GTV 3.0 debut racing video . If you go to AK classics their is a red 1600 Junior ( single headlight) one owner I bought the day I left for my Dad to restore . AK are keeping car until my folks are back . The rear has slight kink but its easy to pull on chassis jigs . It's typical of 105 series to kink from even slight rear end . Some Giulias even bend when you widen rear arches to fit momos . It's easy to spot as the boot lid will protrude fractionally and door gaps narrow . Anyway enough of 105 series .
dawie botha
Silver
Silver

Post by dawie botha »

thx for the grill and tray,will organize with you.Absolte brilliant racing !Initially only saw few min of racing as my comp struggled with upload but wanted to see it again this morning and discovered it,s actually longer!very nice thx.As discussed i will take heads to Dawie to do for me.I am learning car termonoligy here at a very fast rate!Bit stressed about the motor after seeing it dissasembled in a box!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

kevin wrote:Mats I'm staying in Esher which is in Surrey . It's a one minute walk to station and 25mins to central London. Probably look at the local Alfa racing calendar and see when's next race or club meet to at least get some motivation going .
Really? That's about 17 miles from my sisters house... Imagine that. :)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Aaaah, Sir Kevin. Residing in Esher upon Surrey-on-sea eh? How swish? I can't wait to see the reactions of the locals when a Saarf Afrikani tries to talk "plumb in your mouth English". :D

It's a crazy world..enjoy the culture shock big guy.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Bad choice Kevin, you should've moved to Greece. :lol:

I'll hopefully be in Cornwall next year, just for a visit. The petrol is UKP1.5/litre? When I was there in 2009 it was only 1.0/litre I think, freaking crazy!!!!

Visiting the UK is great, but the thought of LIVING in the UK is a little scary. Apparently in English folklore they say that there is this thing called "the sun" and once it a while it miraculously appears!!! :wall: :D
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Mats , anytime you over this side let me know and meet for coffee . I have not got into the pub thing ( not sure if I will :D ) . But my search is still on for a good coffe spot in Esher . There are definitely a few in Weighbridge and Walton.
Yeah I saw what I think appeared to be the sun today as I had this nervous twitch to reach for my sunblock but then I realised I did not pack it . :D
We got ourselves a Giulietta sportiva today ( massy ferguson) 2.0 . Will arrive in two weeks , probably same time as carbi GTV arrives .
Gonna join the racing series as a non racing member and get back into the Cannon 40d , hopefully it will cure the sweats , headaches and restless nights not been able to race a GTV . :oops:
Hey Joe , what happened in the first race of the season back in SA for Alfa Trofeo . Post some pics of your more powerfull 3.0 and lap times - no pressure
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Worst coffee I ever had was at Elmers End railway station. Consider yourself warned ;)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
grantleyrich
Silver
Silver

Post by grantleyrich »

Hi Kevin and welcome to the UK. I am about a mile down the road from you in Long Ditton! I am a member of the AROC, and the Surrey section has a regular meeting on the third Monday of the month, alternating between rural Surrey and Malden Rushett which is about 10 minutes away. There are quite a few transaxle cars in the Surrey section including my own GTV6; we even have a couple of SZs that come out to play once or twice a year.

Details are here: http://www.aroc-uk.com/surrey/news

Our next meeting is Monday 18th March. Come and join us!

Grant Richardson
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Grant , yes I will be there and hopefully we will have our new Giulietta by then from HMW.
So in meantime I have been figuring out where best the laser GTV 3.0 model goes on the IKEA that I have been building . Think I have assembled a ton of this stuff and now qualify for a Swedish passport :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (71.18 KiB) Viewed 12259 times
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Well looks like I may go to Cornwall this year. So I may pop around to Kevin's to check his carbie Serf Efrican kaa.