Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Hello from relocation to UK

Post by MD »

Kevin, forget going back to motorsport. With field reporting talent like this you could get a job with the BBC Top Gear show. I believe they are looking for new presenters... :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

that looks wonderfulll....did u do some cooking?
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Top Gear needs a temperamental old guy, with white hair, beards are ok, but right now preferably some one who will not punch and Irish man in the face when hungry.

MD do you have any suggestions? :lol:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Earth calling Kevin. Come in Kevin.

Mate, I think your topic heading "Hello from relocation to UK" has served its purpose well.

We now all know you live in some cold miserable tent in tenement row with no garage or workshop and your neighbours are looking for an opportunity to deliver a vasectomy on ya while your goolie is hanging outta ya shorts under the car just for being a tiny bit noisy. Some nerve.

So I think you should dust off that trusty old Remington type writer and introduce us all to a new topic. Perhaps. "The Kevin Report" or "The Down Under Over The Top Report". No, OK. How about "The Fish &Chips on UK Alfa".

I can see it now.

Alfa trounces Lotus in turn three...
Alfa rust is a myth in the UK....
Transaxles are not transexual or so I thought....

GO KEVIN !!!!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Its just all happening here at the moment . Summer is here so they say but I still froze my goolies off at Lanica track day at Goodwood today . Off course the Alfa transaxle tribe was their showing up all the modded Intergrales while passing mobile Aurelia chicanes .
Next week its a big Alfa event with already 400 tickets sold to be held at the Imperial War museum in Duxford . Should be great fun .
http://www.aroc-uk.com/news/2015/spring-alfa-day-2015

. So I will head off with my three jackets , beanie , scaff and willy warmer which MD was so kind to knit for me . Was that over a Fosters ?

Some pics attached including the silver GTV getting ready to stretch its legs . This exact GTV will be on front cover of AutoItalia's next issue with a whole feature on the Alfetta GTV range . I can just see prices climbing .
Attachments
Auto Bianchi
Auto Bianchi
image.jpg (224.84 KiB) Viewed 8256 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (242.79 KiB) Viewed 8256 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (239.51 KiB) Viewed 8256 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (224.38 KiB) Viewed 8270 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

We had huge start to the Alfa club season on Sunday with over 500 Tickets sold to the Alfa club at the war museum in Cambridgeshire . Some pics to follow over next few days .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (214.31 KiB) Viewed 8233 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (156.96 KiB) Viewed 8233 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (201.99 KiB) Viewed 8233 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (167.01 KiB) Viewed 8233 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (164.42 KiB) Viewed 8233 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Some more pics from Sundays Spring Alfa Day . Their were more 4C's than GTV's .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (160.16 KiB) Viewed 8217 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (245.65 KiB) Viewed 8217 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (204.76 KiB) Viewed 8217 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (194.37 KiB) Viewed 8217 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (222.13 KiB) Viewed 8217 times
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

Oh no! I missed you at the Spring Alfa Day!
I went early with the kids, a quick look around and off to the planes.

I was on my way by 12:30.

I will share my photos...
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Kev,

What do you really do in UK besides going to all these awesome car events? Watch anything good on tele? East Enders maybe with a hot cup of tea (with milk) in one hand.

BTW, have you looked into one of those portable car lifts?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

What do you really do in UK.....
Oh, sheit. As tempting an opening as that is I am gonna let that ride. I got him listed as a friend after all. :D
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Z , I never saw your earlier post of what I do in the UK but apart from going to lots of car events which I see most people do here I try to sneak in a bit of work . O hell its Wimbledon soon and won some tickets for centre court in the second week . Don't worry there will be no pics unless Sharapova wants to pose with my GTV 3.0 :D
Now some pics I did not post from the Goodwood Members meeting taken by my work colleague show the lovely colours the cars raced in the eighties .
Pity there was no blue sky - like in Africa 8)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (169.46 KiB) Viewed 8105 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (167 KiB) Viewed 8105 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Back again at the local track - Goodwood . This time it was hosted Classic Alfa with superb weather . Even as a serf efrican I got frazzled . Their were six transaxles out on the track with some really nicely cars that have made appearances in AutoItalia in the past . Bill Smiths red 3.5 without bumpers looked and sounded great while he was chasing Alex in his 3.5 . Some pics of Bills car followed by a group pic ... and one on a dawdle (parade) lap :D
Pic below courtesy of Bill
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (171.63 KiB) Viewed 7968 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (135.25 KiB) Viewed 7987 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (223.73 KiB) Viewed 7987 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (187.97 KiB) Viewed 7987 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (145.18 KiB) Viewed 7987 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Two more pics . You know you got a problem when you take to many pics of GTV 's :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (224.02 KiB) Viewed 7955 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (194.51 KiB) Viewed 7955 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

AutoItalia are ever enthusiastically putting together some good features . Just this week I went on a car shoot the Wards( Mike and Phil) at a local test facility in Surrey with some other rare homologated Alfas . Actually three of the six cars come from a certain member on the forum who is pretty nuts about Turbo Alfas . Other non homologated car was a superb 916 GTV . Not to give away to many details but it was good to see the AutoItalia test pilot give my a car a bit of a boot . Its quite sad as my GTV 3.0'has never done a trackday other than a few parade laps and its still at standard ride height , suspension and exhaust . On a fun note I finally got to drive a nicely tuned 155 Q4 . So impressive , just a pity they will never get to enjoy the status of the Intergrale.
Some dodgy pics of mine to follow .
Again its been noticeable of some crazy sales figures of really good condition GTV 's that have traded in the last eight months . Should start a bit of a register on those but its difficult to get exact price the car was sold for outside Auction sales . New owners and dealers are reluctant to give out those figures but we can assume it was within a couple of thousand £ to the asking price . :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.67 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (193.7 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (245.58 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Well I'm pretty excited as the as I received my December issue of Auto Italia with my GTV 3.0 on the cover :D
The article was written very accurately and honestly where these old classics have their pitfalls ( ie in un modified versions only ) and of course their strongpoints which we all fall in love with . As we all know the slight understeer and standard gear change can all be modified but I'm leaving my car as it came out from the factory . I'm glad they actually push the car hard through its paces and having great mechanical respect for these old GTV's . Here some pics from the issue .
Photography is definitely my favourite part - forget about about the write up :D
Another South African living in Uk ( Henk) has decided to bring his restored GTV 3.0 here to the UK so hopefully we get to meet up at a trackday or European tour .
Henk you need to share those restoration and build pics of your car on here soon . Such a great job those guys in The old Oos TVL did .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (190.29 KiB) Viewed 7762 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (252.27 KiB) Viewed 7762 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (219.67 KiB) Viewed 7762 times