Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Re: Hello from relocation to UK

Post by bteoh »

Well done Kevin :)
I must get a copy of the issue :)
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

I managed to pick up a copy of this Auto Italia, a good write up and fine pictures too ! Great bit of extra history for a very very nice car :D

It was surprisingly difficult to get a copy as all the local usual suspects where I live don't seem to stock A.I. , but luckily I happened to pass through Heathrow airport last week and there was a single copy in Smith's in T3 - now mine!
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thanks Steve for the feedback . It is nice when someone gets to enjoy a car in its original trim , which actually shows it's not a bad car at all ! By the way their is a track day at Goodwood on Friday and a bunch of us heading there . I'm sure it will be cold and damp but who cares . You should join us - the usual suspects 8) .
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

I will be there at Goodwood too, but I'm not sure if I can pass the circuit noise test though. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

If not I'll just enjoy spectating and try and blag a couple of passenger laps if possible!
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Steve , good to see that supercharged beast of a GTV on the track . Goes like hell :shock: . It was an excellent day even though I only did the afternoon session in non Alfa ( Clio sport - aarrrggh ) . Nevertheless great to be back on track and been Goodwood as well :D
I'm always astonished that Alfa Romeo is the dominant marque at these events when they are just Open days - maybe because people understand class in the South of England ! There were two gtv6's , one a 3.5 12v of James , other 24v supercharged , a 75 3.0 12v of Alex J and four 105 series and Diesel GT . Considering 8/40 is not bad . Also noted their were RS kits on five of the cars and these kits were not all from same workshop . I never knew how well they transform the handling of the 105 series . Two nice 156GTAs were parked in the pits as well .
Pity the day started with a big crash from an over exuberant caterham driver . Hope he recovers .
Steve if you got some pics please post .
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Summer is here finally . Both cars are out to be enjoyed for the next few months . :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (204.16 KiB) Viewed 8770 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (221.09 KiB) Viewed 8801 times
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Glorious!
Fixing it bit by bit....
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

It was ClassicAlfa trackday this weekend at Goodwood . Huge turnout and was fully booked six weeks before . Just shows the demand to get the classics out onto the track . I drove to Goodwood and back in track car . Covered 150 miles hassle free except for splitting headache from th 98 DB exhaust . The three silencers I have just proved be on the wrong side of the testers so it was gonna be a waste of time driving around the track at 4000rpm which was my cut off rpm . So ended up being spectator . I did sneak in parade lap and backed up a bit to give it a blast down the straight :D
Few picks to post . Never thought I would complain of it being to hot !
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (189.13 KiB) Viewed 8648 times
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

So I was at HWM today trying to figure out how to put the Giulia engine in the GTV . Damn what a glorious sound it makes when you blip it in race mode .
After having a thorough inspection even on tyres I noticed how soft and sticky the compound is . It's tread wear rating is only 60 ! My semi slicks on my R888 is only 100 .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (103.91 KiB) Viewed 8404 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (98.43 KiB) Viewed 8404 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.91 KiB) Viewed 8404 times
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

The trip to the dealership was not all in vain as we picked up our new daily commute - the Giulietta . Very happy with it as it now the third I have owned and each time alfa keeps refining the areas which you want to complain about . Still I would like space for left foot rest next to clutch pedal even though I'm actually used to this now . Probably was good training as my 3.7 GTV with front mount box also has no space for left foot rest .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (101.99 KiB) Viewed 8403 times
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Took the Giulietta out for some sightseeing or lack of it in the heavy fog this morning . Good thing that Alfa for some strange reason made the 2016 facelift Giulietta a full inch higher than the previous model as the gravel roads up to the Grange country house in Northington suited a 4x4 .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.88 KiB) Viewed 7690 times
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Last weekend was Goodwoods 75th members meeting and as usual it was spectacular . I have been lucky enough to attend for last three years and absolutely amazed ( again ) of the driving skill of these guys . Ironically the only race Alfa won on the day was a supercharged straight Tipo B P3 . Hopefully the new owners of the Apilate GTV 6 will plough huge cash into the car to put it on same playing field as the Ford Capris . The Gtv 6 is actaully a pretty much standard car . Some pics from the day to follow .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (77.69 KiB) Viewed 7171 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (110.18 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (105.4 KiB) Viewed 7174 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.01 KiB) Viewed 7174 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.41 KiB) Viewed 7174 times
KevinR