Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Fra92
Silver
Silver

Greetings from Italy

Post by Fra92 »

Hello Everybody,
my name is Francesco and I bought few months ago a 1985 GTV6 in the USA that needs a full restore, there is a lot of rust and the engine is a big question mark, the car was stopped for years. It will be a lot of work, but the soul is still alive!
I also own a 1989 75 Twin Spark and a 1989 Lancia Delta Integrale.
I'm glad to be part of this beautiful community, I'm sure I'll find a lot of help and I hope I'll be able to help some of you as well.
All the best!

Francesco
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Greetings from Italy

Post by MD »

Welcome Francesco. You have come to the right place for restoring this very special Alfa Romeo car. There is many years of background data accumulated within these Forum pages and I urge you to take a good look through the topic sets to get some useful suggestions as you work through your project.

On a personal note there is some close comradery here that usually involves some in-house humour that occasionally sounds inflammatory but in reality it is just a cattle prod in the shorts to see if the party is awake. Taking the "mickey" is sort of part of taking the technical medicine here (so to speak). So don't be alarmed, just observe the goings on and you will soon be in the swing of this great and unique GTV6 transaxle community.

My first suggestion is to have a full vision of what it is you want to end up with. Do not make it up as you go along. Having done that, commence by completing some aspect of the project.
A good place to start with would be the brakes...
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Welcome Francesco ! Look forward to progress on your project . If you intend to move the car around on your property with engine running be very carefull of cracked fuel lines . Just keep a small fire extinguisher closeby if you do . If you lookng for body pannels and new parts you can get from
Highwood Alfa in the UK or EB spares also in UK . Slowly more and more parts are being made for these cars which is great news .
Best of luck .
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Welcome to the forum! Where in Italy are you?

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

Welcome - benvenuto