Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Harlem
Silver
Silver

Quick introduction

Post by Harlem »

Hi guys

I'm extremely new to the Alfa Romeo scene, i've always admired them but only recently took the plunge into getting my very own GTV 6 2.5... this will be the only Alfa that i have owned thus far...
Currently been busy with the restoration over the last couple of months, and been LOVING every moment of its transformation...

Have a look at a few of the pics... any criticism is completely welcome!!
Attachments
Bit of bad lighting... looks a bit pinkish
Bit of bad lighting... looks a bit pinkish
IMG_0777.JPG (109.62 KiB) Viewed 5495 times
same current pictures
same current pictures
IMG_0692.JPG (98.72 KiB) Viewed 5495 times
IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG (103.13 KiB) Viewed 5495 times
Took a few before pics
Took a few before pics
IMG_0359.JPG (119.77 KiB) Viewed 5495 times
The day i picked her up
The day i picked her up
IMG_0357.JPG (112.05 KiB) Viewed 5495 times
Theunis
Silver
Silver

Re: Quick introduction

Post by Theunis »

Hi, Welcome.
I remember seeing that specific car (with that registration number) at an Alfa club event. if I recall correctly it was in a very good condition then... But the it was thirteen or fourteen years ago.
T.
Harlem
Silver
Silver

Post by Harlem »

Hi, thanks so much...
You could be quite right, it belonged to my uncle and it was in a mint condition... Unfortunately wound up sitting in his driveway for about 10 years...
And after a few years of nagging him, he finally decided to sell to me
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Post by KevinR »

Welcome . I also remember that plate . I'm sure I used to see it at Alfa Service Centre in Bedfordview .
Are you stripping the beading at the bottom of the off . You have to remove glass to do it but I would do it personally and photograph it . Don't leave it to the unskilled as clips will get broken .
Harlem
Silver
Silver

Post by Harlem »

Hi KevinR, thanks so much...
We ended up having to strip it right down, even removing that lower beading, to get rid of all the rust. Only too about 5 to 6 bottles of Q20 to strip most of down lol

Unfortunately only recently discovered that the number plates on the car were for show purposes... apparently there was another one in JHB with a similar reg 256GTVGP