Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
freccia d'argento
Silver
Silver

Introduction

Post by freccia d'argento »

Just wanted to say hi and post a pic of my recently-acquired Maratona. I'm new to Alfas so have been getting to know the model and my car in particular. Also been posting on AlfaBB for the last nine months but now I'm starting to have very specific questions about GTV-6s so I think I'll be spending some time here!
Attachments
IMG_1474-1.JPG
IMG_1474-1.JPG (126.9 KiB) Viewed 4642 times
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG (98.13 KiB) Viewed 4642 times
KevinR
Verde
Verde

Re: Introduction

Post by KevinR »

Looks like good condition . Must say the rear bumpers are huge on the American cars but I guess that's the law .
freccia d'argento
Silver
Silver

Yes, its in exceptional condition. Thanks.

I'm trying to clarify two issues:

The car currently has a Stebro center exhaust and a MagnaFlow rear; what was the original exhaust setup?

The headlamps are all GE; again what would the car have come with from the factory? Both US-spec. and Euro...

Thanks!
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

freccia d'argento

Pretty Maratona.
The factory exhaust system looked like this.
Exhaust Complete.JPG
Exhaust Complete.JPG (21.04 KiB) Viewed 4590 times
Who knows who made the individual components ! I believe you can still source them in the EU + Britain Hah I said it !
My N.A.spec Gtv6 came with mediocre Wagner sealed beams.Have since torn those out and plugged in some Cibie with high wattage bulbs, incredible illumination.But if you want to restore to pure original you've gotta live with compromises.I'm assuming that's why you're asking the questions ?
Are you IN Argentina or just from there ?
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
freccia d'argento
Silver
Silver

Thanks Murray. Argentina? No, NJ!

Exhaust info appreciated; I think the OE supplier was C.I.S.A.M? And I believe US-spec. cars were delivered with GE, Wagner, or Phillips sealed beams.

Still feeling my way around because I'm new to Alfas but a purist at heart so I want to assess the car first and then see what if any corrections need to be made. Also open to upgrades as long as they're reasonably acceptable and completely reversible. The lighting and exhaust fall into this category...