Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
MD
Verde
Verde

Re: Mats Strandberg (SWE)

Post by MD »

Enjoying this thread. I don't get on as often as I used to but I do have a sneak peek now and then just to be sure the mob hasn't migrated to take up sporting Daihatsu Charades...

Oh yeah. Evo 75. My advice to you is if you plan to escape to Brisbane anytime soon, be sure you bring your own cardboard. Vacant sleeping spots under the bridge are at a premium and a space is not always guaranteed.The cardboard box could come in handy for ya.
Last edited by MD on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Fine then, I'm going to Athens! :mrgreen:
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah, you can rent a cardboard box here and you get free return trips to Turkey! :lol:

Jim K.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

75evo wrote:Hey Mats,

How has has your 330i held up so far? Any electric waterpump job recently? I found a nice blue (same as yours, I think Monaco) with 77K miles. I didn't buy it yet. The E90 looks alright, not as good looking as the E46, but the E46 is too old to own. It's an AUTOMATIC, YAY! Or I may get a lower mileage 325i and somehow convert it to 255 bhp. I think the hardware is the same except for some 3-stage intake and software.

San Francisco Bay Area traffic is killing my knees. Every day it's bumper to bumper traffic, even on weekends, so my screaming Accord Euro Type-S 6-speed manual is going to be sold soon. I need an auto. My average speed is about 20 mph. Ridiculous.

Looking forward to relocate to Truro, Cornwall in the next few years! Or maybe Brisbane and hook up with MD :mrgreen:
Well, to be honest I haven't driven it in 18 months..! :roll:

Positives:
-Bought a house.
-Had a kid (turned one a week ago!)
-Got a new job

So yeah, the car has held up fine... :lol:

Now I have a 10 minutes drive to work insead of one hour, makes quite a bit of difference!
I'm also in charge of all things All Wheel Drive at the local car manufacturer, the "Haldex" bits. Not electrical. Quite a step up from my other job I must say.

Murray wrote:Hi Mats
Been away for a while - health stuff - was sorry to read about your facilty.You were doing some really cool stuff in there.Glad to see you're back up and appear to be making good use of your Bimmer.
Man that little 4C has got some cojones.I guess weight is really important.I want one !
Do you still own any Alfas ?
According to the government, two. in reality, no. 8)
My GTV was still in the registry but since there were asbestos at the burn site we couldn't access it and somehow my car disappeared and now I can't have it removed... It's a wonderful system, I still own an old BMW wagon because I sold it to a Norwegian fellow who didn't report it at the border (because it's insanely expensive to bring in even old cars to Norway) and all license plates and such was destroyed in the fire.
The other Alfa is a 75 Turbo identity I bought in case I needed to convert a car to a Turbo some day (not legal but yeah). All those chassis plates and such was destroyed too.
Annoying.

Nice to see the typical GTV6 Forum love is still going strong too... :lol:

On another note, I'm planning a Canbus reverse engineering job on y 330i and to make my own Canbus gateway/logger to be able to grab the info I need and also send it on to Harrys Laptimer. Not sure if I'm going to log in my DL1 (I bought another one, my first died in the fire of course) or send the DL1 data to the Canbus gateway and log it in there. Might have to do some sync thing to be able to use both as overlay, probably the GPS-clock will be fine.
-New ball-jointed toe-links needed
-"New" rear diff to be fitted, it has run about 30 000Km so really quite as new
-Limited slip would be nice...
-A garage at home would also be nice...

to be continued.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Well Mats it sounds like you still have the spirit despite the tough stuff.I'm a Vag guy- Audis but it's amazing what can be accomplished fooling around in the electronics of these machines.Still doesn't beat an angry Busso @ 7k.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

If you mean tuning a turbo engine, definetly.
If you mean tweaking the Haldex/AWD system, definetly, you can pretty much transform the car with how it’s tuned. Audis seems to be tuned mostly for comfort, from my experience. :wink:

For my BMW I will only passively listen to the bus-trafic and log. With a normal aspirated engine there is not much to be done with the power output.
I got some active exhaust flapper valves though. 8)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!