Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
GTV42.0
Silver
Silver

Re: Mats Strandberg (SWE)

Post by GTV42.0 »

Nice job :shock:
PowerMods911
Gold
Gold

Post by PowerMods911 »

Mats, that engine looks mighty neat.

Curious regarding the need for the extra support welded and bolts along side the support beams in the engine compartment. I've been toying with the idea, as I had to do some cutting on mine to fit the turbo actuators.
GTV6 2.8 TT Race Car
GTV6 3.0 White
GTV6 2.5 Red
GTV6 2.5 RIP (donor)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Thanks guys, nice to get some feedback! :)

The extra support and seam welding was done before I bought the car. The bolt is the top bolt on the coil-over suspension, note the absent standard top mount in the pocket in the chassis rail.
Not sure the extra steel plate is needed but I guess it can't hurt.

Pouring money into this at the moment so expect braggig pics to follow. ;)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Pics , pics pleeeasse :D Now that summer is approaching this car might be out for testing in a few months .
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Finally managed to squeeze in som Lab-time... (or cave-time depending on your standards 8) )

Plenum is DONE!
Intake is DONE!
Fuel installation in the engine bay is DONE!
New cable for the main switch (FIA) is installed, ALMOST! :wink:

The plenum has got the mounts, MAT and a bunch of take-off spots for FPR, Boost gauge, By-pass valve and MAP. I also brushed it so it has the finish I had in mind the whole time. Oh, by the way it's not done yet, I need to anodize it (natural) so it keeps, otherwise it gets ugly quick with all the fat fingers and oil and such.
You can also see the coolant temp sender and the Autometer sender in the larger hole on the right. The O-ring injector conversion is also pretty obvious.

MAT position, hopefully it wont melt!

Fuel pressure regulator, hoses and custom fuel rail. Pretty neat istallation, the closeness of the regulator to the bulkhead fittings forced me to make the funny looking loop. The fuel rail is a nice piece, it has a small flange on top for fastening. I will use the old L-jet injector holes for that. Lines up perfectly.
The electronic thing on the regulator is a pressure transducer by the way, always nice to be able to check the fel pressure in the logs, if not to rule it out if there is a problem.

Maybe not the sexiest upgrade but since I moved the main switch from the center stack to tunnel I needed a longer control cable. After removing the old one I couldn't believe it had actually worked, the control cable itself consisted of a solid wire running in a coiled up wire with no liner. Even a very small kink in that would create spectacular amounts of friction, and boy were there friction...
Anyway, I found a nice route and made a small but stout bracket for the switch-end of the cable. Now I just have to find a small end piece to make it work. Very smooth action!
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Ahaa progress . Its always reassuring to have the kill switch close to you instead of on the dash . I had my map sensor close to throttle body and had to move it further back it as there was to much interference on the sensor .
How about some arial pics of the engine bay inside the man cave :)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Yeah, before I moved it I could barely reach it with my right hand, now I can easily reach it with both. Feels good from an accident-hanging-up-side-down-with-banged-up-arm point of view. :)

I'll try to get that pic for you, it's a bit dark in the lab so might be difficult to get a sharp one without a tripod.

Reply no. 666! :twisted:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

A top view for you Kev.

Note the alu pipe test fitted on the turbo, it will be cut to match the intercooler of course, there will be a straight bit added.

Also found this little beauty! An adapted from M10x1 to 2x1/8" NPT! Very cheap and I didn't have to spend a single second making one myself! :D
It's actually a VDO spare.

Overview with various sensors and plugs for standard sensor positions that doesn't fit with the new fuel rail.

This is how the switch turned out, very nice.

Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

This is my corner by the way...

Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Won't even ask how you took that vertical shot ! Good find on t piece adaptor . You gonna be nervous to push this art to the limits on the track with all the hard work put in . But then again after two laps that goes all out the window :)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Timer on the cam, held the tripod up to the celing and repeat until you get the right framing... :)

You're right, the car will be very pretty but I'm really building for using, that's why I'm putting all this thought into it so it will last. Doesn't help if you get t-boned though... :roll:

By the way, I'm moving the racecar discussion to a more appropriate place:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4483

Please continue the discussion there.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

A VERY busy winter/spring come to an end. At work it has been totally crazy and I have had just about zero time to work on the GTV. I'm also selling my apartment and moving in with my girlfriend in her 1 bedroom apartment (in practice we have been living together for 1 1/2 years). So all my stuff must be stored somewhere...
This Monday I also started my new job. So yes, busy indeed.
On the other hand my new job is in the same company but I'm leaving hardware design and my business card will now say "Performance Lead Engineer". :)
So I will now drive cars for a living. Quite a win! :D
It will also include to specify how our prototype cars will be built and when they are done I will be responsible for the performance (including tuning of the hybrid systems). Hopefully going to work will be more fun from now on. Quite a few cars are being planned now so I will have a good autumn/winter. :)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Wow! Talk about a dream come true for a job. One of my company's customers last time was Prodrive. Unfortunately the engineer I worked with didn't quite have a clue about the mechanical side of things. All he did was the digital design. I solved his problem with the digital circuit then that was it. Obviously not a petrol-head.

It would be cool if Ferrari called up and said "Ciao, this is Luca from Ferrari, hey your-a soft-a-ware is-a make my cars go...how you say.....up and down......aaaa a-crazy, You a come here-a and you can test-a the car-a if you no believe-a in-a me." :lol:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Hehe, sounds possible... :lol:
At least I will get some track-time now. Hopefully also some motivation to work on the GTV. I haven't even taken the 155 out of storage yet. I'll probably sell it off unless we find a house soon... :(
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Geez , talk about a dream job ! Now that you're moving in with the girlfriend you gonna have to find time to work on the race car - it's called therapy 8)
There a few guys sitting on the edge of their seats in South Africa waiting for you to present your car - hurry up ! ( and one in England)