David
Gold
Gold

Post by David »

Matt,

You can have the release cable, emergency cable and release mechanism as pictured for the cost of postage (and a beer) if you want it. Should only be a few $$ from Brisbane. Let me know as the 75 body is off to the scrap yard soon.

David
1985 GTV6 3.0 Zender Body Kit - Red
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Thanks for everyones help with this problem :D

David ! you bloody legend :D

Just got back from work, read your post/pics, went down stairs and opened the boot!!!!!!!!

The key is angling the screw driver DOWN and then move it left to pop the latch! (Its as simple as it sounds)

A picture is really worth a thousand words

I'd been trying to pop latch (not knowing) by angling the screw driver up at the latch and catching the sheet metal between the two. Lucky the drill was recharged too......

I'll take you up on the parts offer too, pm me with details etc. Thanks again!

Matt
Attachments
P3210073.JPG
P3210073.JPG (20.77 KiB) Viewed 7197 times
P3210079.JPG
P3210079.JPG (24.78 KiB) Viewed 7206 times
Last edited by matt on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Que Boludo
Gold
Gold

Post by Que Boludo »

is that a RUST spot!? 8)
I maka de list, you Justa geta the parts - OK! Wise words from the great master Toni Baloney – Ginger Fingers.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

hehe must be some trick photography :lol:
jornmason
Silver
Silver

Post by jornmason »

took you long enough! ive had the same problem with my milano, but i was lucky enough to get it open with the rip chord, had to pull like hell and thought it was going to snap but what the hell, its worth pulling til it breaks to avoid the alternative.

as far as the load leveling, on the us models all of the automatic platinums had hydrolic load leveling in the rear, not sure about the european models. do you have an auto or is it just a european thing? here it was only the autos. cant imagine who in their right mind would purchase an automatic alfa romeo before the 164, i would never get one of those either but can see why you might have one, not quite the sports car the older alfas were.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

I don't have as much time as i'd like to work on anything that needs doing on the 75. Most of the time this gets pushed below other commitments. As for the boot, well last option was to drill so i think being lazy (taking my time) with this has paid off :D
Why would self leveling rear suspension only be on autos?
jornmason
Silver
Silver

Post by jornmason »

i believe the hydrolics run off of the transmission, not sure though, which should make sense considering the automatic trans pumps its fluid through the tranny while the manual just uses a bath system to fling the oil over the gears. the manual trans is very simplistic, not able to support a hydrolic leveling system, at least not on these cars, things have changed now a days.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

I see, for the record it is an auto!!!! I already have a GTV and this 75 is my daily driver, I'm not the only one that drives this car either, so the auto was purchased because its a "transaxle" i could do general servicing on etc, very low Ks (116,000km) at a good price and a no brainer to drive especially in down town traffic jams. I'm really happy with it. I think the auto box in it is the smoothest gear change i've had compared with any other auto i've driven. This with V6 up front + power everything, well you get the picture for city driving.
Did a 3 hour hwy trip back from Canberra recently and again its a great "touring car" sit on @2500rpm for 100kmhr and very comfortable.
Obviously not going to be that much fun on a twisty road in the mountains but i did'nt buy it for that, its 90% city driving. I've got the GTV for the fun stuff.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Obviously not going to be that much fun on a twisty road in the mountains but i did'nt buy it for that, its 90% city driving. I've got the GTV for the fun stuff.
..and I see that you have your head screwed the right way 'round too. Good thinnin'.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse