Alfapagano
Silver
Silver

Interior lights

Post by Alfapagano »

I have a 1982 GTV 6 Balocco. The interior light on the driver's side pillar is working but the passenger side doesn't. Nothing happens when I move the switch on the light. I'm hoping that it's the bulb, but how do you get at it? Do you pull the whole unit from the pillar?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Peter
Al_Cam
Silver
Silver

Post by Al_Cam »

Peter,

Owners manual says to pull off the silver trim first, it's silver plated plastic and not real strong. Then you just pull the clear plastic bit out of the pillar.

But be very careful, the plastic is old & brittle. On my car one side came out easily, the other side took about half an hour of careful manipulation. The lining of the pillar is pushed into the hole and jammed it in very tight. I'm surprised I managed to get it out with out breaking the light fitting. Some of the connectors actually pulled off getting it out but luckily didn't fall down. Almost ended up with a globe rattling around in the depths of the pillar.

Careful with the switch also, one of mine broke.

AL.
Alfapagano
Silver
Silver

Post by Alfapagano »

Al,I'm having an alarm installed and I need to make sure the courtesy light are working. Thanks for the information.