BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

Lower seats?

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

Hi everyone, im new to the whole GTV6 scene here so its great to have found some experts :P
im having a tiny problem the stock seats in my 1984 GTV6 are too high up for me, and my head keeps hitting the roof. is there a solution for this?
i.e. replace the seats? and what seast i should get, or a trick to lower the seats somewhat.
im about 1.98 meters or 6ft 5. :oops:
also adjusting the back rest is no solution as it hurts my back (too much force on my spinal column) so i need a seat thats as vertical as can be.
'83 GTV6 stock with Wildcat exhaust system
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Lower seats?

Post by kevin »

Which seats do you have in your GTV . I assume its an SA model with the brown/tan cheque pattern if its early 1984 . If late 1984 it would have pinstripe recaro which you could remove the adjustable rails and lower it by one inch .
BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

yes i think its an early GTV with these whirly patterns on it?
i pulled the seat off theres no plates to lower it. can i remove about an inch of padding from the seat? or should i just look around for some slinky low seats?
:D
'83 GTV6 stock with Wildcat exhaust system
squadragrunn
Gold
Gold

Post by squadragrunn »

i had the same problem, at first i modified the original seat by removing the height-adjustment, wich needs some cutting and welding. the result is a substantianal drop of the seat. later i put in a sabelt raceseat with a racingharness, in combination with the steerigwheel ca 10cm closer (quick-releasehub) i have a perfect seating behind the wheel
-charles-
gtv6 3.0 24v, 164qv 24v, maserati biturbo 2.8 evo, mb 500se, zzr1100d