Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Jules,

Have you gone up against a 3.0 24V? I did and the outcome made it seem like my car is just as fast. But I think the 24V has more power.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Yeah but it was in a 166....!

I dont really count it because of the weight. It was a comfortable win, - not even to 100km/h- Just gave it a bit of squirt off a set of lights.

Remember Also Z, yours is bigger than mine :wink:
Fixing it bit by bit....
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

The 75 24V I went up against apparently beat one of those Infiniti G35. The 75 had a chip, Q runners and headers. So it was quite surprising. I think just a less than optimal clutch on the 75 24V's part.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Gearing?
Fixing it bit by bit....
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Both cars 4.10, with 205/50/16 tires.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Youre just a better driver Z :wink:
Fixing it bit by bit....
Scott Farquharson
Silver
Silver

Post by Scott Farquharson »

Hi,

I own (and drive) the Dulux GTV6 in the video. For more info on the car go to www.malvern-group.com.au/dulux

I have a heap of these videos from around 6 years of historic racing in the car. I will get around to putting more up soon.

You are right - it not all that quick in a straight line - it only about 250HP and 1200kgs - due to the Group C rules it must meet as a true historic race car. Revs to about 7500rpm +. It has the straight cut close ratio Autodelta gearbox and yes it is loud!

Video doesn't do the sound justice - the 2.5 12 valve's have a great scream, better than the 3.0L or (I think) the 24V's.

I had a GTV6 with a 24v (although pretty stock) as well but sold it a couple of years ago - it was a bit quicker but we could never get it to handle as well as the Dulux.

The Dulux car is great but frustrating due to the lack of HP - I know with 100HP more we could wipe the floor with a lot of cars. It is great at the circuits with fast corners but as soon as you throw in a long straight or 2nd gear corners we are cactus. Phillip Island (and Eastern Creek) are not too bad (we are faster than anyone thru turn one) but that long front straight just kills us. We are hopeless at Sandown and great at Winton. It is pretty much just as it was when it last ran at Bathurst in 86. I was lucky that it remained pretty well unmolested unlike many Grp C/A cars.

The Ford was the old Johnson/French car from 78 now owned (among others) by John Harris in Qld. Yes, around 500hp, no brakes and handles like a sponge. The sister car to that one was there as well and was a little better sorted which gave it about 1/2 a second on me.

The BMW's were Group A M3's from 86/87 onward and are significantly quicker, the JPS car won the ATCC in 87.

The Ignis car is still 3.3L and 300HP + but is in the process of being returned to original Grp A spec.

The Dulux and the Colin Bond Ignis Group A GTV6 both live together in Bayswater in outer Melbourne. Should see the Dulux out in Grp C Historic racing this year.

Glad you enjoyed the vid's!!

Scott
Attachments
04gce3671.jpg
04gce3671.jpg (129.13 KiB) Viewed 5328 times
Scott Farquharson
http://www.duluxalfa.com
Group A Dulux GTV6
Group S Alfetta GT
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Wow there are some great photos on your site. Look forward to some more vids.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Great caption:

"The Celica didnt last long, this was the handicap race." 8)
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yes the Ignis is my mechanics car, as well as Scotts :wink:

Watching it go round corners is a sight to behold.

Great website Scott thankyou!! Your car is amazing. 8)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.