Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

rz wrote:hi barry,the car seems to be very fast and nice sound!!
did you get my email?
Hi Marc,Yes and replied with pictures..reply to all your mails...
Is the sound too much Marc?Will it pass?? :?:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

sh*t, i never get any emails from abroad.they just don't seem to pass
you got my new email address .......
Last edited by rz on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

the sound seems okay to me.
on the sz i have the standard exhaust and the car is lovely on the motorway but to silent to enjoy
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

rz wrote:the sound seems okay to me.
on the sz i have the standard exhaust and the car is lovely on the motorway but to silent to enjoy
The crazy thing about Fernandos car is that from outside it may be a bit noisy,but inside the cabin,very civilized indeed.. 8) 8)
Ive mailed you..cheers.
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Hi Marc,

Can concur what Barry said.My car is perfectly quiet in normal driving with no need to raise your voice over induction or exhaust noise.Your ears won't be ringing after a lengthy highway drive either which I appreciate.

My first GTV had a ram air induction system designed by my brother and I for both performance and sound effect. :twisted: Only snag was on a drive to Durban (600kms) we had to swop driving duties as your right ear would be ringing like crazy from the sound... :shock:

We suceeded in getting that GTV (Nord motor) to sound like a pukka Super Touring car from outside with the 1 silencer exhaust and induction sytem. :D

Mr B,on the way home on Saturday I hooked up with an old 2.5 litre 944.Gave him a hiding he won't forget in a hurry :twisted: Only downer was we hit serious traffic as a chap in an E55 AMG decided to join in the fun.Man that car brings out the hooligan in me Mr B... :twisted:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

F,c55 and e55 AMG was no match for Hamish`s 156 either.. :wink: :wink:
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Baz,

You're talking about W210 E55 right? Like a 2001ish model. I think the W211 E55 cars have superchargers now.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Zman,Yes...A supercharged Merc is king out there..You would have to have a rather special Alfa to take him out.. :wink: :wink:
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Hi Z,I would have just wanted to see how badly an E55 would beat me. :shock: Barry's right,with our 6000ft altitude there is not much chance of me whipping a supercharged V8 Merc anytime soon. :cry:

Mr B read the post's on the other SA thread.Man alive there is nothing like a BMW vs Alfa thread to start a small war in this country. :D
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

So the merc was driving at sea level? Damn this is complicated... :?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mats wrote:So the merc was driving at sea level? Damn this is complicated... :?
Rat tat tat tat.........ugh!! :wink: :D
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Good one Mats... :D
Hamishm00
Gold
Gold

Post by Hamishm00 »

Barry wrote:F,c55 and e55 AMG was no match for Hamish`s 156 either.. :wink: :wink:
It's never a good idea to wink so much on an (almost) all boys forum Barry....

It was closer than you think between the 156 and the e55... :D

The e55 is Friggin' heavy heavy heavy....

Jano's 3.75 147GTAm was faster around the top gear track than the e55 with the stig driving both cars...(sea level though).
Dos circos de 156 3.76L v6 cavalinhos
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hamish bloody Moo!!Welcome back boet!

No winks huh?ok...Yea,agree it was not a whitewash,but it did eventually pull away..
That is what makes these cars so exciting..here a mundane looking 156 takes on the mighty Merc and scares the hell out of him..That guy was sweating bullets Hamester..wink..oh ,no.. 8)
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Last Saturday driving on the good old Krugersdorp highway to visit my uncle,I was as frustrated as all hell.Reason being on the other side of the highway were all these interestring cars driving like AMG Mercs,some M3's the odd Porsche etc and on my side econo box's. :(

Of late the traffic around Johannesburg has been nuts precluding me from even visiting the red war paint on my Tacho. :cry: Take yesterday on the N1 highway between 14th Avenue and Beyers Naude when I nearly s#$t myself.The traffic onto the highway was able to flow at a nice 100 to 120km/h.Then about halfway between the two off ramps the traffic came to a dead halt.Now anyone one with an ounce of brains should know you look far ahead to see what traffic is up to,but not dips$%t for brains driving a big 4 X 4 with a whopping huge trailer behind him. :evil:

I am in the middle lane and he comes barreling past me in the right hand lane ( which is our fast or overtaking lane in SA).He proceeds to slam on the brakes so now you can imagine the scene.Screeching offroad tyres,smoke billowing from the skidding of said tyres and the sight of a fully loaded Toyota Hi-Ace taxi awaiting in front of him.. :shock:

He hit's the Toyota which proceeds to cause his 4 X 4 to veer 90 degrees to the right and the trailer to depart at about 70 degrees to the left.S$%t for brains 4 X 4 driver is now veering over the middle section seperating the opposite side of the highway from ours.He somehow manages to stop his piece of junk with inches to spare from crossing into the opposite right hand lane which had high speed traffic on it. :shock:

The trailer smashed the rear end of this poor woman's Daiwoo something chronic.The taxi was punted into the rear of a VW Golf that was in front of him.Amazingly and thankfully no one got seriously injured although I reckon it was a close call.

So now I am looking forward to a nice quiet weekend to take my baby for a nice safe drive in the country away from traffic... :D