Anything that does not fit into other topics.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

1976 Alfetta GT (GTAM) for sale hmmmmmm?

Post by matt »

What do you make of this?

"76 alfetta GT GTAM plates, one of 50 inported to Australia with Spica injection????????why...? but it has a later GTV front grill on it you know the air flow gaps between the plastic grill and bumper bar.

Other than all the rust and missing headlight is this GT(V) for real??????????

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RARE-Alfa-Romeo- ... dZViewItem
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

What the hell is an Alfetta GTAM?
Sounds like yet another attempt from an importer to rename cars to make them sound way cool. :roll: That chassis plate is obviously an Australia only thing.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey matt. This thing is in my home town. I will try to check it out. Man it sure is in a sad state isn't it?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

There apparently was an Alfetta GTAm, see the following thread on the AlfaBB:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=605&

(Skip to the bottom of the thread, skip over the misdirected talk about the Bertone 105-series GTAm.)
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Thanks MALDI

ok very interesting alfetta GTAM's do exist !
However in the Australian case they are most likely US spica version Alfetta GT's "re plated GTAm" to be a homolgated race special...... for Bathurst 1000( Aussie version of the "ring" for endurace racing) :D

but only a handful of the 25 imported raced and of these only one (ex foley) re road registered (maybe)????? :shock:

MD you have to take some pitures of the engine bay, front brakes and suspension!!!!!!!

Look foward to seeing if this GT(V) has GTAm goodies or the US polution control crap :D
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

BUT......this doesn't explain why it has later GTV front end with extra air vents in grill???

Maybe had front end smash at some stage PLUS i thought Alfetta GT had a silver/chrome inlay around the edge of the rear lights(under the rubber seal) which this one doesnt have?????

Its got GT rear air vents and flap over fuel cap though

OMG it has a tow bar WTF :evil:

exterior is a mix GTV and alfetta GT

Do GT's have blue backed instrument panels too, speedo/Tacho gauges??
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D I know jack shit about the Aussie gtam,but in my opion the older 2000strada coupe and Alfetta gt were way prettier cars than the later gtv4 and gtv6..If I had to vote for the best and Barry`s` favourite car right now,Brian Berger has my vote...

Remember the pic if my white 2.0l turbo,that was early Strada based..

Matt,You are correct here,I think this car has newer ,later parts fitted to it..The grill,taillights etc..

The Gt in S.A. had the grill with the block pattern grill,and as you said,the chrome inlay on the taillights..They all had the blue on black instrumentation as well..Some had the speedo in front of the driver,and some had it in the center cluster...

I dont reckon this car is beyond saving..Its going to take dedication and hard work though....And you will have a genuine Gtam......
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Yep the crome bumpers/trim, GTV air vents, rear lights and lack of plastic side trim really show how good the GTV shape is!

Barry i gotta see these strada turbo pics, do you have a link?

MD's probably chewed the guys ear off and got it on the back of a trailer as we speak :lol:

but is this "aussie" GTAm just a US spec GT with spicia injection or something special????

Where are the photos MD :D ........where are the photos...
Carel
Silver
Silver

Post by Carel »

Morning Guys

There is also the larger mirror(maybe Aus required) and the amber indicator in the front(maybe also Aus required), these were normally fitted to the GTV as apposed to the GT. The bonnet also has the two window washer nozzles, where the GT had one in the centre.

Barry, you do know I have a 74 and a 76 Alfetta GT if you want one

Carel
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Settle down matt, you're putting a stain in your jeans man !
I said the vendor lives in my home town, I didn't say he lived next door !

Update : I have made contact with him by email and I am due to phone him tonight to get an actual location of the car. Will probably look at it on Saturday morning of the 25th. Too busy otherwise and there is no point in looking at the car in the dark (maybe its the only way).

Do you think you can hang on matt without chewing your nails down to your elbows? Why don't you go to the gym and have a work out to calm your nerves? :lol:
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Ahh MD i thought i'd give you some sh*t for some photos because i'll be in Brisbane tomorrow lunch time but back to Syd' Thursday night!
not much time, well i don't really have any time while there to view the car because visiting family but thought IF you had seen the car (and it was more than just a US spicia injected GT), a bit of a push for any photos might persuade me to try and view it while up there haha :D

Its a rough car needing alot of work/parts.......and not that exciting :roll:.....that is till the photos arrive :lol:
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Barry, the old 2 litre Arnold Chatz used to race, would that not have been a gtvam?
Tom
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Sorry GTAM
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

I am gonna keep you all in suspenders until Saturday.. :lol: