Anything that does not fit into other topics.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Ron Simons From RSRacing Coming To SA With Me!

Post by junglejustice »

Just a quick note to let some of you know who may be interested that ol' Ron is finally going to make the trip to SA with me on this round...

I will arrive around the 12th/13th and I pick Ron up from the airport Sunday morning the 17th... We'll probably head straight over to the track (if that is indeed the day of the Street Car Challenge.) We'll be hanging around Glenwood a bit and doing some of the game stuff.

We are setting up a tech-session for the 24th during the open Alfa club track day at Zwartkops. We'll have some cars there with Ron's full suspension setups as well as some of the Group 2 Inc/GiroDisc brake setups ( www.group2inc.com ) Demo-drives with Ron and I think there is a pit there so that we can look underneath the cars too!

Any of you local boys have specific dates of car-related/Alfa events while we are there (Sep 13th through Oct. 3...?) Thanks.

Any way - to contact me in SA please call my "assistant" at 012.333.5233 and she will give you my local cell number or leave a message for Ron and I at Dawie's shop at Glenwood - 012.348.1359

Who wants to join us? I'll buy a beer.

Cheers, JvR
Last edited by junglejustice on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Sounds like a fantastic idea John.Count me in. :D
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Great! Please stay in conact with Kevin R. from the club on further details...
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Carel
Silver
Silver

Post by Carel »

I am also very interested....Will chat to Kevin
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

What a great day it was ! I unfortunately did not have my track car ready and so I came to the track with my mantel piece carb GTV 3.0l(show car) just to watch the action . After watching Ron Simons for ten mins out on the circuit in Dawies big bore GTA I decided to ask Ron to do a couple of laps in my car (me as passenger) to see how it was really done.
There was only one constraint and that was to limit the revs to 5000rpm (hey its a show car ). What an eye opener ! The mans a genius. On standard road tyres and factory ride height we were already catching most of the field.
Ron did a couple of laps in various other Alfas with their owners showing them how it was done and already you could see an improvement with these chaps at the end of the session.
This Wednesday we will see Ron in the action in Dawies twin turbo big bore 24v GTV track car. The dyno figures of this car are pretty crazy. Let you know more about this later with pics .
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I unfortunately missed Wednesdays session but Jon managed to organise Kyalami track for the four of us on an early Friday morning (FREE !!).
This gave Ron an opportunity to drive a new circuit and best of all I had free tuition from him and his comments with the set up of my 3.2 24v which is running his full suspension without torsion bars. What a bonus.
The other car was a new 159 which belonged to Eugene who runs the Kyalami driving school. Between Ron,Jon and myself we got some good track time.
A few pic to follow.
Attachments
IMG_1929resize.jpg
IMG_1929resize.jpg (88.02 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Free for all !
Attachments
IMG_1928resize.jpg
IMG_1928resize.jpg (89.42 KiB) Viewed 4531 times