Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Get Square Time (Humour)

Post by Zamani »

Kevin,

What's the spec for that motor? Is that going into your "budget" race car?
Dr. Alban
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Thats humour but I have finally finished the assembly of my 3.7 and its definately not going into the race car. It scares the the !@## out of me. Its one thing accelrating on the straights with a 3.7 but trying to keep it on the track with 205 tyres is another. I will be sticking with my 3.0 in the budget race car.(it makes more power than the old m3 BMW). I lost it badly down the mine shaft at kyalami at 160km and still have not managed to remove the skidmarks(in the car). I noticed at the A1 GP on the weekend they are reaching 240km down the mineshaft and dont even lift off for the bend.
That motor is one of Dawies new engines. Good to see they are looking the part as well.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Ah it gladens the heart to see you back Kevin.
I was beginning to think you had moved over to the dark side. (I'm talkin' BMW here .)

Don't tell your mum about the skid marks inside the car or you'll never hear the end of it. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Fear not Mike we Saffa's are still here mate. :D Sometimes life can just be so hectic and when you next blink the date is indicating March on the weekend already... :shock:

Kevin are you racing at Zwarties on the 21st ?

The Mineshaft is one corner where you can really feel the suspension fully loaded in my own GTV6,but must agree with Kevin,YOU don't want to lose it in a bad way through there.....it would take years to clean away the smell :lol:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Fernando, yes I will racing on 21st. I was supposed to race at the David piper International aftre i recieved an invite but then they withdrew my entry after the chaps with the Porches in Marque cars complained. Even though it was not for points they did not want a GTV running faster than the 911's as my time is down to 1.17 on semi's. They also excluded Clives Junior as he is faster than the Ford Galaxy's. Their loss.
I saw a M3 lose it down the mineshaft straight into the wall at BM day, needless to say it was very ugly.
Good news, i am meeting with Alfa tomorrow to discuss track day for June. Will let you know what transpires.
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Classic Kevin....... the Porsche boys(girls) complained............
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Having problems overtaking other lorry drivers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OozHP2HREaY
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

The Car You Drive… :D :D
Alfa
Passionate and romantic, you fancy yourself. A bit unreliable, and can be eccentric too. You hate BMW drivers, but think and act just like them.
Audi
You would like to believe you are part of the new generation that is caring, environmentally conscious and family-orientated. Actually quite boring; nothing more than a glorified wuss. Will one day probably drive a Merc, but you still sometimes wonder if you shouldn't have bought that Bee-Em.
BMW
Self-centred, ambitious, dynamic and assertive. Can be a big show-off pig. Likes impressing too. Buppies and kugels past sell-by date. You think you will be CEO one day. Actually an office weenie who thinks you are God's gift.
Daewoo
Faceless, subservient and demure (except for Matiz drivers). To you, a good deal is to work from nine to five, get nothing for it, and still say thank you. And then you wonder why you don't have money for a time after hours.
Fiat
Cute self-confident girls climbing the corporate ladder with ball-breaking as their hidden agenda. Will take everything you own if she divorces you.
Ford
You still live in the 70's, trying to cope with the 90's (don't even mention the millennium). A loyal, diligent worker, but baffled by office politics and labour policies. Next car will probably also be a Ford.
Holden
You are the ultimate on-road wanker. You think your 80s model Commodore is a V8 supercar, OR you think by owning a Barina you’re a true Holden fan. You’re either a redneck or a way-too-standard family parent – but either way, you most likely drive like you’re the only person on the road. You’re even ignorant enough to argue that the new Commodore is better than the new Ford.
Honda
You aspire to drive a BMW. You are an opinionated pain-in-the-butt. The ultimate suffragette, or the boss's girlfriend (male or female!).
Isuzu
You like the smell of diesel and have secret fantasy of being a truck driver.
Hyundai /Kia
Quite progressive, intelligent and practical. But misguided. The kind of person who will suggest a sub-committee to find solutions to what the committee couldn't. You will always maintain that a Korean car is better than any Japanese model.
Jeep
You would like to believe you are living the American dream and just love the great outdoors. The closest you get to it is by watching Days of Our Lives and the Adventure Channel.
Land Rover
You are a designer person with a designer life, who always pays too much for everything. Designer mud comes free with the badge. You're a closet colonial racist and have fantasies about the Queen. If you have a Freelander, it was probably a break-up gift from your ex.
Mazda
A Ford driver with less money. Mostly staid boring with no image and less imagination. Lots of retired people drive Mazdas. You're in the way and should get off the road.
Mercedes-Benz
Responsible, immaculate and conservative. Boring CEO clones with too much money, or the office super-geek who can't remember what it's like to have fun. Definitely not dating material.
Nissan
Good, solid, responsible, loyal office-fodder. You like to travel and maintain that you can sell ice to the Eskimos. Favourite answer: "It's a company car."
Mitsubishi
Not as label-conscious as your Land Rover counterpart, but still suckered into believing in the ultimate Paris-to-Dakar, African adventure. You drive through puddles to create your own designer mud. You believe you've made the grade, but everyone else knows you've got a long way to go.
Peugeot
Thinks France is the best country in the world and bores everybody with your limited French knowledge and tales of the Louvre and the Sourbonne.
Porsche
Small dick or mid-life crisis.
Renault
An eccentric who likes doing things the wrong way around. Usually the one who asks all the silly questions at staff meetings. You fervently believe you have flair, but it's less than that of a French cookbook. Most probably gay.
Ssangyong
A make-believe fool, because you'd like a Pajero but can't afford it. Don't actually know that the engines are made in India and not in Germany.
Toyota
Although there are thousands of them, you mostly can’t spot them in their zero-image cars. Toyotas are good, reliable cars and are bought by a wide variety of people who have zero personality to go with their cars and are basically chicken-shit scared people who will never take chances and will therefore be driving Toyotas forever.
The most zero-image car in the world?, ... a white Corolla
Volkswagen
Highly overrated for dependability cars since the days of the Beetle, but they do have a good re-sale value. Usually practical, sensible people who like to drive fast where nobody can see them. They are usually loyal to their brand to the point of irritation due to the fact that they lost their virginity on a Beetle's back seat.
Volvo
As square and safe as the car
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Bruce
Gold
Gold

Post by Bruce »

What about Lancia or Citroen?
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

no saab stories???

Ya gotta entertain Mats every once in a while.
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Mats
Verde
Verde

Re:

Post by Mats »

What a fucking joke... :lol:

"I'm overjoyed to win the race, but I'm even more relieved that I didn't have to face the worst horror known to the professional racer: falling moisture," said David Reutimann

"Every race driver, except for maybe the guys in Formula One, and the Le Mans drivers, the Rolex Series, and rally drivers, I guess, and those guys in amateur racing...anyway, every single racing driver knows that if you drive in the rain you will automatically crash."

hahaha, I wonder what these guys do if it starts raining when they are on the highway? Do they pull over until it's dry? :roll:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

You do realize it is satire don't you?

Just plausible enough to be true but just outrageous enough to make you grin!

Besides it's good fun to pick on NASCAR since it is THE motorsport in the USA!
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Talk about Nascar
Attachments
630931101.jpg
630931101.jpg (74.06 KiB) Viewed 6693 times
MD