Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Honda S2000 and the Dentist!

Post by Fernando »

Don't know about anyone else on the site,but it's very rare to pick up a TLGP these day's. :lol: But,for some very strange reason I have picked up two each time I am driving back from my dentist after major dental work! Both very near to my home. Yesterday I hooked up with a black Honda S2000 in a run starting from 3rd gear deep into 4th... :twisted: You cannot mistake that sweet VTEC unit screaming it's way to 9000rpms that's for sure.Anyway he comes past me by half a car length when I plant my foot flat while in third.When I changed to 4th I was just ahead of him and in 4th the 3.6 is pulling away.Next traffic light we gave each other the thumbs up and went our seperate ways.

It was nice as it helped take my mind off the pain in my mouth.. :lol:

The previous time last year was funny in a twisted kind of way.Some of you might know,but I am a haemophiliac with a severe Factor 8 shortage so my blood doesn't clot well at all.Anyway this dentist visit goes totaly pear shaped when the tooth he is trying to extract breaks into bit's and pieces inside my gum.Long story short , I looked like a ravenous vampire at an all you can eat meal driving home.So much blood it was coming out of my nose as well...but petrol in the veins is stronger than severe bleeding and pain...or I am nuts one of the two. :twisted:

Hooked up with a BMW 130i close to home.Nice clear road and we got to run from 1st through to 3rd with the Alfa in front all the way,but by the next robot I had so much bleeding I had to just wave and get home asap.Security guard at my Complex's eyes go very large when I climb out off the car with blood now literally pouring out of mouth and nose that I couldn't stop it but a stupid grin on my face. :lol:

Anyone else with a TLGP story that's funny in a black sense of humour way ?
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

TLGP?

GP must be Grand Prix
L must be Light,
but T?
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

ive NEVER heard of it being called a tlgp(traffic light grand prix) round here its generaly refered to as light to light or general street drags

i dont have any good ones in the gtv6...but i have ALOT of them with my STOCK 2.5 turbo 89 dodge minivan...theres nothing finer than giveing some rice a good thrashing...except when the rice driver has a passenger to make shure he NEVER lives down the shame of loseing to a minivan.."bonus" insult to injury is when my wife is driveing and hands yet another riced out honda its arse...not only did poor rice boy lose to a minivan..but a girl! ...NEVER underestimate a minivan...it just might be turbo.......quite a few of em around running 11-12sec quarter mile in street trim

.....i think my by far fav was back in the early 90s beating a new(so new it didnt have tags yet) corvette with a pinto..that poor guy with his midlife crissis started crying..im sure he promptly returned the vette the next day
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

Oh, duh! T is for traffic. All I could think of was Stop Light!
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Shortlife I have to ask,what the hek did you do to that Pinto ? :lol:

I remember well when a chap in my neck of the woods imported the Ford Typhoon if I am correct ? That van/truck could hit 60mph in just under 6 seconds. :shock: Needless to say it was agreed if you pulled up next to him you make as if your tuning in the radio... :lol:

When my cousin had his first M3 (E36)he hooked up with what looked to him like some very old GM truck...but was actually packing a very nicely worked V8.End result my yuppie cousin running neck and neck with an old GM truck from 1st right through to 5th gear on a very quiet stretch of highway. :lol: There was nothing in it.He phoned me up ,rather taken aback, wondering if I reckoned he should take the BM back to the dealer for a checkup!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

GMC..........Awesome trucks ! :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

the pinto..well i had learned how to realy shift it hard..was little more than a shaved head and tweeked cam and a webber...did you know you will blow the lobes off the cam trying to push 120mph?..that pinto moved VERY well and the 5spd that was in it seemed like a realy close ratio unit..funny to this day ive never seen another 5spd pinto..there all 4spd's...so there may have been more to that lil pinto that what i was told

those "turbo" gmc typhoons and cyclones were wicked monsters but plagued with alot of problems in the AWD system

if i want to go out intentionaly looking for trouble i grab one of my 67-69 cuda's ...my 69 scares em out of playing with me being the tunnel ram and carbs well above the fender line....the 67 however looks like its got more bark than bite.....but the 5:33 gears will leave em sitting like they were sitting still even with its little 273 v8...course it tops out at about 80 lol....every shift is like being rearended it shifts that hard
twinspark6
Gold
Gold

Post by twinspark6 »

Gmc typhoons were built in 92 and 93 the gmc syclone with and "s" not a "c" was only built in 1991. The awd system has never been plagued with problems. It the weak 700r4. I own a syclone. It the wet they could do mid 0-60 in mid 4 seconds. in the dry they could do low 4 sec 0-60. The typhoons were always at least a second slower.
Stock hp was rated at 280hp but they always made more. What was impressive was the torque. They made about 400lb ft. With stock turbos(mitsu 17c) top end was always a problem. It also does no good to have a brick like truck. With bigger turbos. Top end can be brutal.
I always loved doing a 4 wheel burnout. It's beatiful to just pull away from a turbo 993 porsche in a truck. The look i get is priceless.
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Twinspark6 you hit the nail on the head....the look on the GMC drivers face after leaving my 4 banger GTV for dead would have been the utter pit's for me. :lol:
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

I always wanted a Syclone/Typhone, here in Argentina I saw one only once, it was white, I think its the only one in this country. I used to own a 93 Blazer with the 200hp 4.3 V6. I had a lot of fun at stoplights. From 0 to 70 km/h I beat everything.
84 GTV6
96 M3
twinspark6
Gold
Gold

Post by twinspark6 »

Quick vid of my bud Dean's syclone. By the way. They were turbo v6. http://www.raceprovenmotors.com/images/ ... launch.mov It's a daily driver.