Anything that does not fit into other topics.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: World Cup 2010

Post by kevin »

Oh no MD, Jules , Ben , and all other Ozzies what happened to the soccerroos :shock: (but then again you guys did earn your spot in the world cup unlike us who are automatically in the draw - host nation.)
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

For sure don't buy any German cars from now on! :shock: :mrgreen:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

I am not particularly known for swearing but hey on this occasion maybe it will slip through- you know , poetic license and all that..

FUCK IT !!!!
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
scott.venables
Gold
Gold

Post by scott.venables »

Yeah, pretty disappointing. I mean, losing to Germany is bearable, but 4-0 is bad. And the red card on Tim Cahill was bullshit.

Woke up at 3.30am this morning and went to watch it at a local cinema. The guy sitting behind me had a vuvuzela. Man, they're bloody loud, I'd only ever heard them on the TV. Luckily he only blew it twice, and I didn't get spittle on the back of my head.

Still, it's not the end of the road, still many games to go. Apparently, in 2006 the Ukraine was beaten 4-0 in the opening round and went onto play in the quarter finals.

Scott
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

I like football. Especially commentaries between the halves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OV5cj-b ... r_embedded

8)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Scott, I hope you made the chap behind you swallow that vuvufffnnnzela. Two things that be done successfully here is blowing a vuv... and multiplication.

MD you guys nearly beat Italy last world cup (should have if you had got that penalty from handball ) and now sitting for points down. Great pitty.

Fed looks like a forgone conclusion for a win for you guys tonight.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

kevin wrote:Scott, I hope you made the chap behind you swallow that vuvufffnnnzela. Two things that be done successfully here is blowing a vuv... and multiplication.

MD you guys nearly beat Italy last world cup (should have if you had got that penalty from handball ) and now sitting for points down. Great pitty.

Fed looks like a forgone conclusion for a win for you guys tonight.

Good luck! hhahha, the whole country is stopping dead at 1530 over here, good thing I don't have to work today!

Gotta run buy some beers! :twisted:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Every world cup i wonder why i watch soccer. Players dive , fake injuries, pull faces of pain when another player is no where near them . Its so theatrical.
Thank god there is a game called RUGBY. Thats a full contact sport and there is no on field crying or oscar award winning dives. And then the stretcher comes on takes the wounded player of the the field, suddenly rises like lazarus forgetting he had a near death experience. I wonder where all this diving came from.
Anyway we still cant act(play) as well as other teams . Soccer is a fucking joke

Long live Rugby.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Well as predicted we got whipped by smarter players. Well done fed.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

[quote]Long live Rugby.[quote]
There is only one problem with Rugby, they insist on calling it football. The trouble is they should call it handball 'cause they never kick it. They may as well throw around a 5kg rock instead of the pig skin for all that it matters. It's a brutal game and people get horrific life long injuries out of it and sometimes even die in the process in the name of playing the so called game of football.

Sorry mate, but of this occasion I got to go with logic. Rugby is a game for gorillas.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Yay! happy man I am today! sorry for you guys Kev, it was a good game, actually I was a bit surprised after the first goal that you guys didn't come on a full attack but instead remained deffensive...
I was expecting a bit more from south africa though from watching the first game against mexico :roll:
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Not enough vuvuzelas, that was the cause!!!!

Bafana bafana!!!!!

Congrat's Fed.

I wanna see how JK's team is going to do.
Dr. Alban
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Zamani wrote:Not enough vuvuzelas, that was the cause!!!!

Bafana bafana!!!!!

Congrat's Fed.

I wanna see how JK's team is going to do.

Don't know but it looks like Argentina is running first in their group, they are winning 4 to 1 against Korea....
Tough for the greeks... :roll:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Md , I would really enjoy soccer if they had the '' third umpire - camera replay ''
This would eliminate handballs like France vs Ireland in qualifying(henri).
Eleminate theartrical Oscar diving and replay on off sides. If you spend billions on the world cup why leave so much room for error. look at Cahills sending off.
Anyway enough of my soapbox.
Rugby is a crazy game and your right , if your not built like a gorilla you gonna get hurt. (still got smashed patela from an under 15 game).
Soccer in South africa is only played up until youre twelve years old then you play rugby. High schools dont have soccer as an option hence a strong rugby nation plus we have these monster kids from the farms.

Greece not looking to good . Pity they need some moral boosting past time with ecomomy in horendous shape.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

JK did his magic!

But France is not looking good!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Alban