Anything that does not fit into other topics.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: World Cup 2010

Post by kevin »

Giuliettaevo2 , I bet you are watching the soccer now and will be screaming - no longer in the garage. Well done.
South African fans went mad with that win . Every pub here is packed - no matter where you go .
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

:lol:

I actually only saw the last 20 minutes or so. Very exciting indeed.

ORANJE BOVEN!! HUP HOLLAND!!

Everyone is going mad over here. there will be a lot of beerdrinking tonight. :wink: This was also the hottest day of the year for us, we hit 37 degrees Celsius today. :P
Drive it like you stole it...
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Giuliettaevo2 wrote::lol:

I actually only saw the last 20 minutes or so. Very exciting indeed.

ORANJE BOVEN!! HUP HOLLAND!!

Everyone is going mad over here. there will be a lot of beerdrinking tonight. :wink: This was also the hottest day of the year for us, we hit 37 degrees Celsius today. :P
You guys are excited?? imagine how we are!!!! first semi finals since 1970, after Suárez took the ball out with his hands and forced a penalty draw....
tremendous, the whole freaking country is going crazy right now, this is UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

we'll be seeing you.... :twisted:

Good luck to your country! they would deserve it to win the world cup :D . But i still hope we win it. :oops:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Firsty I dont support anyteam thats in at the monent(even though my granparents have german passports) but I think I know why i really enjoy rugby rules. If there is a direct infringement of scoring through gamesmenship or whatever a penalty try is awarded immediatly hence the Saurez handball would have been awarded a goal. You cant knowingly punch a ball off the goal line if you are not the goal keeper knowing that you can give your goalie an option of defending a penalty. Not cool for me.
Fed dont worry , its just my gripe against the rules. Best thing is you guys went past Brazil into the semis.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

kevin wrote:Firsty I dont support anyteam thats in at the monent(even though my granparents have german passports) but I think I know why i really enjoy rugby rules. If there is a direct infringement of scoring through gamesmenship or whatever a penalty try is awarded immediatly hence the Saurez handball would have been awarded a goal. You cant knowingly punch a ball off the goal line if you are not the goal keeper knowing that you can give your goalie an option of defending a penalty. Not cool for me.
Fed dont worry , its just my gripe against the rules. Best thing is you guys went past Brazil into the semis.
I understand what you mean, I played rugby for many years, before I gave up the sport given that it took a lot of dedication that I gave more to cars and bikes. But I remember exactly what you say and in that respect rugby is more of a philosophy sport and it's rules are clearer so that it's actual game playing that defines the games.
Given all that, i'm freaking super happy right now!! I was hospitalized for three days and saw the game at the hospital yesterday (got an infection in an elbow but thankfully it's all good now), the whole freaking country went mad, specially after the last penalty the way it was executed by Abreu in his typical way!!

Tuesday is the D day my friend!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Forlan is definnately the player of the tournament so far. John Barnes, Terry Payne our local guests at the moment firmly believe he has done more than any other player for his team up to now.
The spead of the ball flies 18% faster up here in Johannesburg compared to majority of soccer stadiums throughout the world(except mexico city). No wonder goalies are struggling here.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

@Fedezyl;

congratulations on a nice match! Especially the last minutes had me sitting at the edge of my seat.. :shock: Your team was a worthy opponent and put up a good fight.

But in the end the Dutch are going to the finals!!! :P
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Giuliettaevo2 wrote:@Fedezyl;

congratulations on a nice match! Especially the last minutes had me sitting at the edge of my seat.. :shock: Your team was a worthy opponent and put up a good fight.

But in the end the Dutch are going to the finals!!! :P

I know I know, I almost had a heart attack twice!! haha
It was really amazing for a team that was last to qualify for the world cup to end up in the semi finals.... :D
On a side note, the referee was an asshole!! :evil:

In any case, congratulations on a good win on a great match!!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

What a game , really thought there was gonna be a last minute twist.
Sad to go out in semis but fed , you guys have done really well . Forlan - player of tournament.
Evo2 , you watching yet ?
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

I saw most of the second half :wink: ... it´s my brothers birthday and we were sitting in the garden when half the neighbourhood started to cheer. That was the first goal.. :lol:

The Uruguay team made everyone hold it´s breath with their last minute action :shock: . You could hear a needle fall over here when they scored the 3-2 and everybody was wondering if they would score the third one also. :shock:

referee had some strange decisions indeed according to my mates, i've got no knowledge so i can't really say anything about it. :oops:

Now we can worry about the finals... Probably against the Germans, our neighbours. :twisted: Would be nice if we would beat them.... 8)
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

kevin wrote:What a game , really thought there was gonna be a last minute twist.
Sad to go out in semis but fed , you guys have done really well . Forlan - player of tournament.
Evo2 , you watching yet ?
yes, everybody was holding their breath here too, amazing last few minutes!!
That referee would do well if he would not come around a 2000 km circle of Uruguay or he'll end up swimming in the Atlantic ocean to say the least....but, in the end, it's football...
I have to agree with you, Forlan is THE player of the tournament by far!

The dutch will have a tough time playing the Germans, but as long as you don't give up much spaces it should be an interesting game :wink:
lucass81
Gold
Gold

Post by lucass81 »

Well sadly FIFA always prefers Europeans teams at the finals. Anyway the Netherlands has been the most solid team this world cup. Forlan is great, I`ve been a fan of him since he played at Independiente in Argentina.
I like soccer but I´m more exited by the beggining of the tri-nation this weekend than the world cup finals. Cant wait to see the Pumas playing the tri-nation in 2012.

Goodluck tomorrow Fedezyl!
84 GTV6
96 M3
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

lucas, soccer fever for finals is building. There are Dutch flags eveywhere. Hup hup Holland. Maybe this final will be a repeat of Spains last match - same soccer styles again.
In tri - nations I hope we are not to over confident as we have beaten the All Blacks the last three times however They have not lost in 21yrs at Eden Park.
Question is where will the Pumas be based when they join up. I reckon the Pumas will then become a consistant force as in last world cup.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

What's soccer ?? Never heard of it.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse