Anything that does not fit into other topics.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

105 Dreaming.....

Post by SydneyJules »

Some help with the different models would be appreciated guys!

I know the twin headlight models (which I like best) are Jr's, but what of the gearbox and diff strength in these things? Am i better off getting a 1750 or 2000? What about weight, and gearing? Any links about?

My parents are splitting up, which is a little weird, but from bad comes something OK, and my dad has expressed an interest in DIYing a 105 build.

Ive offered him my 2.5 for a the little bugger hehehe! :twisted:

The way I see it, I can keep my car on the road for the next couple of years or so, while the 105 is being prepped, and can line it all up using a dud block, then fit the motor after painting!

Would take the fuel pump, gauges, oil cooler, and brakes out of my car, and fit them up. Kinda budget, but by no means dodgy- simply using my assets to advantage.

Soooooo: Strip the 105- what starter motor problems, steering problems, and bellhousing adapter problems will I have with a RHD car, can anyone think? WIll a Jr, 1750 or 2k driveline take abuse, or should I look at getting an old Toy. Supra Gearbox and Toy. Hilux diff under there? How hard to get the brakes on?

I realise a Jr will have very short gearing, which is ideal, but is it a waste of time even trying to fit the thing up through lack of strength?

I told my old man straight out that he's diverting my attention from the flying... but heck, I can see a baby blue 105, with 2 x GTV6 seats, harnesses, tan minimal interior, and some 17" slightly dished 5 spokes with an angry V6 in it, and Im fired up for it. Best of all, he can weld, and I have the bits....

Also means I can start prepping my car for some proper circuit racing stuff, or sell off the bilsteins, and good bits, before buying a race car to get into properly...
Fixing it bit by bit....
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I know little about 105 GTVs but wasn't the Jr 1300 only? Single headlight as far as I recall.

But as usual these things change depending on market and year... :P
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hey Jules, Howzit going. We have some good publications here that would give you all the info. I will mail you and maybe you can order it. My ma is coming to visit my other half of my family in Sydney(where you and Ben dropped me off) so maybe I can send some stuff.
Check out the pics of the track day that we organised. Such good fun. Most of us are still smiling today.