Anything that does not fit into other topics.
Murray
Verde
Verde

I experienced the ultimate today

Post by Murray »

Guys I just had to tell you about my experience today.I own a Napa garage and sometimes people with Alfas come and see me to have their cars serviced.Today I had an appointment to inspect an 85 GTV6.The customer wanted me to inspect his car and advise him as to what was required to keep it in top shape.I expected to see a car that needed all its hoses replaced,driveshaft serviced maybe a timing belt etc.. :) Well what a surprise I was presented with.This car came out of a timewarp :shock: It was an early 85 non isostatic car which had been imported from France.It had 32,000 km (20k miles) It was COMPLETELY original and was absolutely PERFECT.All the hoses etc. were original and perfect.It has been stored under ideal conditions and all appropriate maintenance performed.The owner does about 1000 km per year .Colour was a beautiful anthracite with tan leather interior.He asked me to road test it and I reluctantly :twisted: agreed.Off I went.Now I know what it felt like to drive away from an Alfa dealership in 1985 ! This car was so smooth,steering so connected,exhaust tone (no cats) absolute perfection.I was smitten by how tight and solid the whole machine felt.
I drive a lot of exceptional and exotic cars in the course of a year,but this one stood out. What a joy.Even the shifter was good 8) People who didn't buy these things new in the 80's missed a wonderfull opportunity to experience top tier automotive engineering and the joy it can bring to a driver.
MY 86 GTV6 is my pride and joy ( except for my family :) ) it's quite a bit faster and I feel like it's an extension of me but boy what an experience I had today !
Just had to tell my tale. I feel very fortunate to have had this experience.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: I experienced the ultimate today

Post by fedezyl »

Sometimes I wonder about such things, to find such a car with very very little miles, just to see how it felt when new, did you take any pics by any chance?
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

That would have been fantastic. Yes a time warp indeed. :D

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

did you take any pics by any chance?
fedezyl In my childlike state of excitement I never thought of getting my camera out !
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

I bet the temptation for a longer ride on a twisty road was really hard to resist!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Murray,

Those glazed over eyes, that Goofey grin and your lack of hearing acuity is causing you to blindly walk in front of moving buses. The condition is commonly referred as the GTV6 syndrome. Please get help.

Your friends are worried about you. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I wonder if the day will come when people here will say "please please, I beg you, I'll trade my 4 piston Brembos and 330mm rotors, for your stock calipers and 269mm rotors!" :mrgreen:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

75evo

You should know that no purist would accept anything less. No concourse judge would ever accept those mods. There will always be two camps. The concourse restorers and the tyre shredders. Some hold a foot in each camp.

I don't think you are living in the Murray mind set by the sound of it.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

75evo = zamani :lol:
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

[quote][75evo = zamani /quote]

well that explains a bunch...... :roll:

Glad you had the experience to be able to relate it to the rest of us Murray!!!
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR