Anything that does not fit into other topics.
75evo
Verde
Verde

Spa or Ring next year

Post by 75evo »

Hey Guys,

Any of you interested in a Ring or Spa trip next year? Would be cool to hangout in the pit area during the Alfa Classico race days :mrgreen: Some cool GTV6s and 75s we could check out.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Re: Spa or Ring next year

Post by Maurizio »

Spa and Ring combined trip would be advisable if you are making the journey :roll:

Well as it is somewhat my home ground, I would at least be present if for one of them as my schedule permits. Me actually driving depends on what happens in the coming months, at the moment way to much non-alfa related but cool/interesting stuff going on.

But what are Alfa Classico race days....

I think there are several interesting events to visit.
One of the best with alfa and spa together is the "myalfa trackday" on spa.
To get an idea http://youtu.be/n6mwH5dlJQU
http://www.myalfa.eu is a parts supplier which does ones a year this trackday.
An other good time would be when the dutch alfa romeo challange visits spa.
But for both the calender is still open for 2014

Ring visit is interesting when a VLN race held on saturday and public driving on a sunday.
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

With enough time I can manage to make it all the way from Indonesia, my brother lives in Brussels so getting to spa from there is very easy :D
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Well I could work out of my company's Redding, UK office or Erfurt, Germany. Too bad I don't think we have an office in Amsterdam or something closer.

So after work on Thursday (leave early maybe 3:30 from work), I can cross the channel and put up at a hotel close to the ring. Then rent a car from Ron Simmons in the morning on a Friday. On Saturday head to Spa. Then on Sunday fly home.

BTW, are the 75 V6s there all worn out? From the videos I've seen the gearboxes are all trashed, and drivers grind them away. May as well rent an Megane R26 or something. But I prefer to drive something I'm familiar with.

Anyway, these are all ideas, may or may not happen. Where is uncle Greek? Surprised he is not here. Probably camping out at the exhaust shop.... :D
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah, I'm here allright. You all show up on the 'Ring and I'll see if I can make it too, but its a slim chance the way finances are.
I don't think Ron still has good 75's for rent; maybe very few as he's moved on to better cars and ...better customers too, :lol:
I'm trying to set up a 'Ring visit with my own car, the 1.8T or the (future) 3.2 together with a friend, sharing expenses. We figure its going to run to a total of ~2600€ and we'll be away for a week, round trip. This will be a dream come true for me! IF it happens, it'll be next year.
Jim K.
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

JimGreek wrote:This will be a dream come true for me! IF it happens, it'll be next year.
Jim K.
Jim, set a date, I want to drive the turbo, so maybe you can convince me that forced induction is the way to go :roll: :mrgreen:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

I'm not sure of that myself, until I drive the (future) 3.2 !! Each configuration has advantages and drawbacks and the type of track plays a big part! Whatever happens, you will surely get to drive it! Going one (impossible) step further, it would be great to drive both cars in the 'Ring and compare! :roll: 8)
Jim K.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Sounds great!
When? :)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I'm interested . Good to see the European 75's and GTV' race cars at spa . Never seen them before .
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I wanna see the big V6s duke it out at Spa. I think it's biggest Alfa race vent in Europe.

They have track days at Spa, Zolder, Assen, Dijon, Hockenheim, etc.

http://www.alfaromeochallenge.eu/

But the Spa one seems to be very interesting, Well, I like Spa too :) The other track seems a bit to flat and dull in comparison.

You've got some cool GTV6s and 75s with 3.0 12V all the way to 3.2 24Vs.

I think even teamcompetizione.dk has joined this challenge with their IMSA look alike 1.8T and 2.0TS Turbo

Here's a video of Alexis Walter's GTV6 3.0 12V (7800 rpm redline mind you!!!) going against a 147 GTA Cup 2.0 TS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FmaK8T6Q2E