Anything that does not fit into other topics.
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Re: 75 racing in Sweden

Post by fedezyl »

Alfetta gtv turbodelta? Or that doesn't count?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

fedezyl wrote:Alfetta gtv turbodelta? Or that doesn't count?
5000 produced but they have made exceptions for the 105 GTA/GTAm etc so it might work. Definetly worth looking into, good call.

On the other hand I think they will make exceptions for just about anything (not safety stuff for obvious reasons) as long as I'm just there for one race and won't "steal" points from their racing league. I know we would in our series. :D
Would LOVE to have a group of foreign cars to measure up against come to Sweden and race. We did get a few Danes come over when we raced in the south of Sweden for a few years, always great fun!
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

I saw Mende's video. He has the IMSA TS Turbo from DK, He also drove at Spa recently. His car was easily one of the faster ones. So I guess a Swede there would just add more color to it. :lol:

The fastest car there is a 156 GTA. So my bet is, if you have 300+ bhp in a widened GTV Turbo, you'd have a pretty good chance of winning at Spa, or at least a top 5 position.

But for Spa you'd better have the a long 5th or 3.54 rear diff. None of the Swedish top 5 cars can make it at Spa without this change.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

That's another thing I have thought about, I have three gearboxes but the ratios are 4.1:1, 4.3:1 and 4.55:1.
On the other hand the top speed will be 280, 265 and 251Km/h respectively. So maybe not a problem then? Tires do a lot for gearing...

What's the top speed at Spa with the Alfas currently racing there?
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

On the other hand the top speed will be 280, 265 and 251Km/h respectively.

:twisted: all speeds .... you can't handle through eau rouge :wall:

This is a standard (engine wise TS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xrbFsCS_8Q

And a engine wise standard 3.0 qv:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK0D6oVSXHE

And one of the faster 156's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g6MIzH4 ... r_embedded
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

What about the racing license? Is it some kind of club racing which has some FIA affiliation? I could try to get an SCCA license. But if I could get one from Ron's classes it would be cooler to drive at the ring and get a license too :)

I better start looking at the Alfaromeo Challenge website.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Interesting, not as fast as I would have though. Might be a bit different with more power but on the other hand they are on slicks...

Racing license in Europe is different from country to country, usually you need a National Racing license tied to a Club under the FIA umbrella. Normally you need to do a couple of races as a "rookie" i.a. Start at the rear of the pack and such before you can upgrade to a full National license.

Might be worth it to shop around a bit in different countries.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Ivar Olafsen
Silver
Silver

Post by Ivar Olafsen »

Hi!

I just joined this site, and noticed that Hans Bjurman`s Alfa 75 2.8 V6 Racecar is of some interest.
I can inform you that i am the new owner of the car. :P
It is correct that i drive in a Norwegian race series called Corsa Italiana: http://www.corsaitaliana.no

I was really,really happy when Hans agreed to sell the car to me, as i was aware that this was/is a really quick car.

I bought it mid september 2013, and drove the last 2 races of last years season with it, and it really put a smile on my face! :D
Powerful engine, and nice, controllable handling. Especially loved the engine, and the steering! Hats off for Bjurman`s abilities as a Racecar-builder!!! Impresssive!
I set a new lap record (for our series) on the racetrack (Rudskogen)in the first race, improving it with 3,4 sec...

I will try to smash the laprecords on the 2 other track we drive, Karlskoga in Sweden, and Vaaler in Norway during 2014! :twisted:
The season starts 11.may 2014, when we will meet up with the Swedish Alfa Club at Karlskoga in Sweden, and Hans will be there, hopefully with his new racer. (if he manages to make it race-ready)

I will try to develop the car further.
Main focus will be to optimalize it to our tech.regulations, as they differ a little bit from the Swedish Car-Challenge.
Main difference is that the car can be approx. 70 kg lighter in our series, which should not make it slower...

And i would LOVE to take it around the Spa circuit. I am considering taking it there 18-20 July for the Alfa Challenge EU-Race....we will see.
I have to change the gearbox then, as the topspeed now is 222 at 7000 rpm, 5th gear, and i guess this will be too low for the long straights at Spa.

I will make a profile for me and this car soon, and i will of course answer if anyone have questions about it.

BR
#66 Ivar Olafsen
#66 Alfa 75 2.8 V6 Compressore
http://www.corsaitaliana.no
YouTube-channel: "Olsfaen"
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Welcome Ivar , congratulations on breaking the lap record and that's a huge margin .
I have heard lots about your car but would love to see some pics of it and be great to follow where you taking it to .
What are your rules you allowed in your class .
Can maybe start new thread under Track and race cars section where we can admire this car from its brakes to engine :D ( oh an propshaft )
Ivar Olafsen
Silver
Silver

Post by Ivar Olafsen »

Hi Kevin and thanks! :D
In our series you can do almost whatever you want as long as the car is Italian (not only Alfa Romeo), at least 15 years old (to keep costs down), and it cannot be a factory built racer (also to keep costs down).

We have 5 classes, each with a specific hp/kg-ratio:
Class 1: 2,25-4,24 hp/kg
Class 2: 4,25-5,59 hp/kg
Class 3: 5,6-6,99 hp/kg
Class 4: 7.0---> hp/kg
Class 5: Same as class 4, but only for engines with cc less than 1301.

The horsepowers are not excast figures, but a calculated HP.
We use a Excel-program which calculates various engine modifications, LSD-mods, spoilers/wings, tire-size etc.etc into a so called "Calculated Horsepower", and then you divide with the weight of the car (car included driver, across the finishline) and get your hp/kg-ratio.

I have posted a few pictures of it on the Introdution-Gallery-page, and I will make a thread under Track/Racecars asap.

BR
Ivar
#66 Alfa 75 2.8 V6 Compressore
http://www.corsaitaliana.no
YouTube-channel: "Olsfaen"